Chapter Twenty Four: El Pastilla

Chapter Twenty Four: El Pastilla (The Pill)

-

Once again, any Latino friends who read this please do correct my Spanish is it terrible.

-

School dragged by. It was finally over but it seemed to have taken a year to finish. All because of Alex.

I missed him terribly. I missed his touch. I missed his voice. I missed his smiles and laughs that were saved just for me. I missed how he would hold me and play with my hair. I missed his brown eyes. I missed him. All of him. I missed it so much I was going mad.

It didn't matter how much the girls took me out, I sunk into something I was always scared of getting. Depression. It ran in my family and I feared since my early teenage years I'd get it. But everyone I told said I was too happy a person to get it.

But I did. One of my biggest fears became reality.

Some nights I'd cry myself to sleep.

All because I missed Alex.

But I was too disgusted with him to have the nerve to talk to him again. Cheating was such a disgusting thing. It hurt to know people did it to each other, but it hurt a whole hell of a lot more when it was done to you.

I go out for a walk, I did a lot of those. If I wasn't walking, I was inside. Always inside.

I bump into someone and stumble back.

"Arya?" A familiar voice asks.

"Hi Xavier." I say, seeing his face when I look up.

"Bumping into me again?" He chuckles. "And where were you headed?"

"Just going for a walk." I shrug. "You can join if you want."

"I may as well." Xavier smiles, and we start to walk together.

I stay quiet, having no point in talking. I felt a little out of place, he was wearing shorts... Everyone was wearing shorts now. But I'd often opt for pants because I still found it a little cold.

"Arya... Have you been feeling okay?" Xavier asks almost hesitantly.

"Of course. Why?" I ask, frowning slightly.

"You just... You appear to look very sick." Xavier sighs.

"Oh..." More makeup for me. "It's nothing. I didn't have a good sleep last night."

Xavier nods. "I've actually got to go. See you around?" He asks.

"Yeah. See you around." I fake smile.

***

Izzy came and painted my nails whilst talking about some boy at the mall. I laughed and talked with her, though lots of it was forced, lots of it was real too.

"So, how're you feeling?" Izzy asks.

"Good. The pills have been working a little." I shrug.

"I'm sorry this happened to you." Izzy sighs, hugging me gently. "Don't forget to take your pills, okay? They will help you feel better."

"I know and I won't forget." I hug her back.

"Alright. Have a good night." Izzy smiles, walking off.

I sigh and look myself over in the mirror. I really did look sick. I start going around and packing up my stuff, tomorrow I was leaving. Adrian and I were moving in together for the summer and next school year.

I take one of the pills that I'm required to take before climbing into bed after some packing is done.

It takes a while, but finally I fall asleep.