Chapter Six

We had gone extremely over our time limit but it didn't bother me too much because Jungkook was the last patient that I was to see for this day.

I didn't take notice of the time until Mijae enetered my office and told me that it was well past closing hours. I looked to the clock and saw that it was eight o'clock.

"You best be off Mijae, Jungkook and I are just finishing up now."

She nodded as she left my office. I stretched my arms up above my head and patted Jungkook's shoulder with a smile as I walked past him to my desk and began to arrange my files before we left.

"Do you think it sounds good?" Jungkook asked me, standing up from the couch and blinking blankly at the piece of paper in his hands that he had worked so hard upon. I could tell by the tone of his voice that it really did mean a lot to him and that he wanted me to praise him.

"I think it is better than good. You've worked very hard on that letter." I walked around and started to gather my things.

"How old are you (Y/N)?" Jungkook asked me out of the random. I stood up straight and looked to him with curious eyes as I thought about his question and why he would've asked it. I assumed it was because he wanted to understand me more as we were going to be spending a very long while together.

I watch his doe eyes carefully cross over my own as he waited for me to reply. A cautious slick over his gaze.

"I'm twenty years old." I told him, a small smile forming on my lips as I grabbed my keys and headed towards my office door as I opened it and held it there for Jungkook to walk through.

He quickly waddled out the door and I closed it behind me as I flicked off the lights and began to lock up.

"I'm one year older than you." Jungkook said with a subtle hint of proudness within his voice as he spoke. His letter tightly folded into a small square that rested within his palm.

"So you are," I agreed before I walked out the front door of my building and locked it behind me as I scanned the dark street, "is someone picking you up?" I asked him as I saw no car on the road.

"I was meant to text Taehyung when I was finished," he suddenly became saddened, "I forgot to message him. I'm so sorry."

"Why are you apologising?" I asked him as I began walking down the stairs with his hand in my own as I tugged him along with me, "it's getting very late so I'll just drop you home myself. It isn't a worry."

Jungkook followed me with uncertainty as I took possession of his hand and led him to my car. It wasn't anything too spectacular but it was a very fast car that got me to where I needed to be safely.

"Are you sure? I can just walk-"

I opened the door for him and shook my head, "there isn't a point in arguing now. I'll take you home so I know you got there safely."

I walked over to the drivers side and quickly hopped into the car as I shut the door behind me and clicked my seatbelt into place before I started the engine. Jungkook slowly crawled into the car and shut the door behind him as he cautiously clicked in his seatbelt and sat back in the chair as he looked out the window.

Driving clients home wasn't something that I usually did. But it was late in the night and my morals would never allow me to let him walk home after he had just worked so hard on a letter to his groups leader.

"Where are your dorms Jungkook? Or should I just take you to Bighit?" I asked him as I pulled out onto the highway and began to make ways.

Jungkook tapper his fingers together in a quick attempt to avert his mind from his worries, "just at bighit. I'll get a manager to drive me home afterwards. I'm not really allowed to give out the dorms address."

I nodded my head thoughtfully as I made my way towards the agency in question. I watched as the stars in the sky twinkled in the same way that Jungkook's eyes did whenever he mentioned Namjoon.

"When should I give it to him?" Jungkook asked in a more calmer tone, his nerves obviously beginning to settle back down as he watched the buildings rush by in the hazy glow of the city.

"Maybe in the morning? Perhaps with a nice breakfast or a cup of coffee? I'm sure he'd love that." As I made my suggestion I watched from the corner of my eye as Jungkook's expression wavered for a moment as if he were taking a mental note of my suggestion.

"He likes coffee." He said to himself with a childish grin, one that showed his true emotion.

"That's perfect then isn't it?" I told him as I turned a corner and pulled straight onto a street where I used my directory skills to locate the building, "and I know that Namjoon will be able to see the effort that you put into it."

Jungkook gave a soft him that sounded like a small and scared animal would create as they were stalked by their prey and practically cornered. It made me worried that I was making him uncomfortable but when I saw his expression it told me that it was simply a noise that Jungkook liked to make- as if it were an answer.

"Thank you for helping me (Y/N)," Jungkook began as he folded his hands between his thighs, "if it weren't for your help I know I wouldn't have been able to write that letter. I would've been stuck on the first sentence."

His voice sounded so genuine that I was overwhelmed with a warm and fuzzy feeling within me. It felt like he was being so truthful. Praise was something that I wasn't really used to getting a whole lot because not many people felt that they had been helped to the best of my ability.

It made me feel better to know that Jungkook felt helped.

"Anytime you need me I'm here," I told him as I pulled up out the front of bighit and handed him a white care with black writing across it, "this number here is my personal mobile. If you ever need me ring me or text me. I want to help you entirely."

Jungkook stared at the card for a moment before he snapped back to reality and quickly placed it in his pocket as he unbuckled his seatbelt.

"Ok! I'll do that! Thank you so much!" His wide grin caused the corner of his eyes to crinkle as he closed the door behind him and waved me goodbye from the curb before he walked inside the doors to bighit. I let out a content sigh before turning the car around and driving towards my own apartment for a good rest before a new day.