Chapter 12: Colours & The Phone Call

Start from the beginning

She had nothing to stop Macy from making the first 17.5 years hell.

"Macy would never do something like that," Eliza protested, I couldn't stop myself from laughing. It come out hollow and cold. Eliza had always believed Macy do no wrong and was the perfect, well behaved child when really she was the expect opposite.

"Yes, she would. News flash Eliza, Macy isn't the well behaved child you think she is, in fact she's quite the opposite. She blamed me for almost every bad thing she ever when she was younger just so she wouldn't get into trouble, I couldn't have done half the things she claimed I had, but you never seemed to listen," I informed my foster mother glaring at my phone.

Eliza would never truly understand the kind of hell Macy had made my life, she blamed me for every little thing she didn't want Eliza to know about. The last 4 almost 5 months before I left home and moved in here were far worse than anything.

I have no idea what Macy did to make Eliza believe her over me, she was constantly complaining; saying I wasn't doing enough, that my room was always messy, that I never cleaned up when I made a mess. It drove me crazy.

To make matter's worse, during in those 4 - 5 months I didn't get a very nights sleep, the only way I could sleep was to  listen to very loud music, blocking out just about every sound. I got around 7 - 8 hours a night and was still tired.

What made it even worse was Eliza and Mark decided to move to a different state told me in December of last year throwing  all my plans for the future out the window. I had to scramble to figure out what I was going to do again.

(I had no idea at the time what I was going to do next. My previous 'plans' had spanned the next 4 - 5 years after school and was a safety net of shorts. I knew exactly what i wanted to do and being told we were moving took that safety net away.

When I had started to talk about moving out Eliza was okay with it at first than was completely against the idea of me moving out. Eliza had no idea how much work I had done around the house.

She only noticed when I didn't something. I'm fairly sure Eliza didn't want me to leave because it meant she wouldn't have anyone to reply on anymore as she was amendment I was lazy, couldn't look after myself  and would just sit around all day when really I wanted to get a job and get on with the rest of my life.

But no, I had to spend the year after I finished school keeping Eliza at the Antiques  shop she partly owned.  I eventually completed my cert 3 and my Diploma in ECEC I enrolled in (ISNH) university having stayed with Bryan Evergreen and his  family and wasn't that just a fun four weeks before I moved before I loved into The Flower Apartment.

Bryan was a bastard but a story for another time).

"Macy told me your cat attacked her. Care to explain?" Eliza stated after the silence had stretched for a little too long, completely ignoring everything I'd just said. I forced on my nails biting into my palm instead of the sudden need to either throw my phone across the room or punch a wall.

"I don't have to anything to you. Mach has been nothing but a self-entitled brat since she arrived a week ago. I'm not surprised Jan attacked her considering the way she's been treating him and everyone else. The brat had it coming," I growled, talking to Eliza was always frustrating as she never seemed to listen.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have to find a way to fix my necklace, reassure Jan everything is alright and organised everything Mach tired to steal," I snapped before Eliza could say anything and hung up.

"Dear god, I hate her," I muttered more than a little irritated and was unwilling to listen what I had to say. I know I keep saying she always listen to Macy and never seemed to listen to me, it true and something I've had to put up with for the last 17.5 years.

"Why?" Myra questioned as Jan shifted into a cat and padded over, Ron nibbled at my ear I couldn't help but laugh my irritation started to fade when Jan nudged my hand and laughed and started to let him, scratching behind his ear.

"Because she always takes Macy's side and very rarely listens or believes me when I told her something," I answered staring at at the egg as it continued to change colour. I paused when I felt something move in my hair and remembered Mishka had come back with me. I completely forgot she was there.

"Are you feeling a little better?" Mishka questioned, I blinked few times and Mishka laughed and sat on one of my fingers. She was 6.3 inches (16cm) tall and nearly as big as my hand and had yellowish gold butterfly-like wings (ISCH) freckled skin yellow/green/gold eyes seeming to glow.

I had always thought her dress was made out of leaves, moss and agle but now I could tell. I looked closer and saw it was shining a little and I shining a little and somehow knew it was leaves, Moss and algae was woven together with magic.

———————-
There done. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I think chapter 11 works better split into two chapters. They're shorter and not as long. This isn't the first time I've split a chapter. The first time was the prologue which turned into chapter 1 and 2.

What doc you like most about this chapter, remember to vote and comment or even add to your reading list.

ISCH - Insert skin colour here.