Delilah'sPOV

We finally landed and decided on going to my home church. The drive was really short. When we got out, I was over joyed to see the place I called home for so long. The first person Avi had to meet was Jason. Avi's eyes grew weary and hurt. I couldn't put my finger on why. It sucked that he wouldn't tell me. I thought we told each other everything.

We talked to a lot of people then went into service. I missed seeing all my friends. When service was over, Avi looked at me and said "Let Jason take your bags" I was so confused. He continued and said "I have to go back to LA and you can't come with me. You will stay with Jason." Tears were starting to pour out of my eyes. "Why can't I go?" I demanded. "I thought you said you loved me?" I asked slowly. Avi straightened up and said "I do. So much. But that's why I have to leave you. I don't want to hurt you." I shook my head in disbelief. "Please don't do this." I pleaded. Avi looked me in the eye and said "I have to. Take care of yourself. I'm leaving for the airport now" he pulled me in for a hug and kissed my head. Then he ran off. I was left there, frozen, unsure of exactly what happened. That's why he looked so upset lately. He wanted to leave me. I spun around and saw Avi talking to Jason outside. I ran out there but when I got outside, Avi got into a cab and left. I went up to Jason and he held me. "It's okay,mamma." He said holding me tight. "It's for the best. He's only trying to protect you." I felt bad about getting tears all over Jason's shirt but I couldn't help it. "From what?? He's such an amazing guy! He's so sweet and caring! How could he ever hurt me?!" I said too loudly. Jason broke the hug, wiped my tears and said "it's not himself he is protecting you from." I was confused. What did he mean. What was he... My thoughts were cutoff by Jason's voice. "Your mom called him. She told him that if he didn't bring you back and leave you here, she would have someone kill you both. She agreed to letting you stay with a friend so he wanted me to keep you safe since he knew you've always been like a daughter to me." I shook my head. "Dad! You know my mom is all talk! Why would you let him do this??" I cried. "Avi is really broken about this. He came out here in tears and told me to take care of his girl. He ran off when you came out so you wouldn't see him cry." He explained. "No. We need to stop him. Please take me to the airport!" Jason began to refuse but I cut him off and said "Jason please! I need him! I'll be safe with him!" With a heavy stare, Jason finally agreed. "Fine. Come on." We ran to his car and sped off to the airport.