Dont Wake Me Up

We finally arrived back to the room, sharing a laugh at what Avi had said upon arrival. "Took you long enough!" Kevin called out from in front of an intense online race. Avi and I shared a warm smile then he took off his tshirt, replacing it with a this tank top and warm zip up hoodie. Avi climbed up on the bed behind Kevin patting the piece of the bed beside him. With a smirk, I climbed up next to him. He put his arm around me and I snuggled into his touch. The warmth of his strong body radiated against my skin which was ice cold from the cruel Seattle winter. Avi kissed the top of my head and look at me with his beautiful green eyes. Unable to hide the smile that invaded my lips, I buried my head into his chest. "Please, speak to me. Just say anything. I want to hear your voice." I whispered against his heart beat, praying to God that he would let his smooth voice vibrate against my chilled ear. "Delilah.." He said, answering my prayer. I looked up at him and gave him a "hm?" Requesting him to continue. Kevin had now given up on Mario cart and was in the shower. Avi put his arm across his chest, reaching for my hand and finally intertwining his long fingers with mine. Avi spoke slowly "I'm really glad I can be here with you. I feel like I know you. Like really know you.." I smiled and began to speak when he continued. "I'm so terrified that I'm going to lose you. Which also scares me because we've known each other for less than a week." He paused as if reminiscing on his own words. "My heart hurts. It really hurts because it doesn't actually believe that you are here. That you are really in my arms. In my hotel room. My heart hurts because I feel like if I lost you, I wouldn't have anything. As if you are all I have left." He continued. My eyes grew sad. Really absorbing this emotion that he is describing to me. "Which is weird because I do. I definitely do. I have pentatonix. I have my best friend, I have opportunities and successes in my future but When I look at you, When I really just let your beauty sync in, that all fades. As if it's not good enough. As if without you there's a piece of happiness missing that none of that could fill." I could see by his distant stare that he had more to say but couldn't find any more words. So I spoke. "Avi. I will never leave you. I couldn't. Not you. You saved me from the despair of my real life. Which is hard for me to wrap my head around because this doesn't feel real in a sense that I'm terrified that I'm going to rest my head on your shoulder, fall alseep, and wake up in my own bed. With my parents calling me down, destroying my peaceful slumber and my sweet dream." My eyes brightened as I saw his light up. That beautiful twinkle that complimented the intense green returned. I rested my head back in his chest and he whispered something that I only heard through the vibration his deep voice caused within his chest. "I never want to wake up from this beautiful dream. I want to live here. But I guess I can." I smiled and whispered back "well, I'm not tired." Avi laughed and his deep voice shook my brain from his chest. I sat up as did Avi as Kevin came out of the shower.

"So what do you say? Wanna hit the town? We've slept for hours! Let's do something with all this energy!" I said excitedly. Kevin agreed with a "oh yeah!!" We both watched Avi, waiting for a response. "Alright. Let's do it!"