forty two.

"True love is usually the
most inconvenient kind."
— Kiera Cass

Taehyung POV

Routine days and busy minds to keep from caving in to our own selfish desires. I thought I was helping myself, I thought I was helping him by keeping a distance between us. But the love I've realized that my heart carries for that boy only shows that something can still hurt you without any contact at all.

Jungkook has been on my mind these past 11 days, ever since I left him sobbing in his apartment that one morning. The amount of texts I've typed out and phone calls I've almost made, I still don't know why I can't send them. The longer I wait the more afraid I am to hear him pick up the phone and sound okay. It's selfish of me, but I don't want him to be okay. I don't want him to be okay without me around.

Today wasn't any different. It was a Tuesday and I was sitting on Jimins couch with my laptop beside me, there was an unfinished file opened for my work I needed to turn in to my father's company. It was due in a week but I had the time and need to occupy my days.

Jimin had left a while ago to meet up with Yoongi who's been gone everyday and almost every night. I was surprised when they both came walking into their apartment and it was still before noon. "Hey guys." I called from the couch, pausing the television so I could be heard easier.

"Hi Tae!" Jimin chirped. He kicked off his sneakers in a hurry and went for the kitchen immediately while Yoongi laughed softly at the kid and straighted out both their shoes.

The oldest boy followed his boyfriend and put some things away into the fridge. I still had the television paused so it was easy to hear what they were saying even if I didn't mean to listen in on their words. I felt my stomach flip when his name was mentioned.

I'm not an idiot. I know that's where Yoongi has been and where Jimin has also gone. Neither of them talked about Jungkook to me, but I also didn't bring him up.

There was a sharp inhale of breath and then some silence, my interest was peaked and concern flooded my veins when Jimins voice whispered quietly, "How long are you planning being gone?"

Whatever Yoongi was saying was too quiet and I pushed myself off the couch to go to the kitchen, his eyes meeting mine and going silent. "You don't have to do that." I rolled my eyes and took a seat at the island.

"How's he doing?" I asked.

Yoongi looked at me unsure for a moment, I was pretty convinced he wasn't going to say anything until Jimin gave him a stern look and a nod to continue.

The silver haired boy sighed and leaned back against the counter. "It's been tough. He won't admit that though."

If the circumstances were different I may have chuckled hearing that, I know how stubborn Jungkook is and how he can be a brat at times.

Jimin jumped in and started talking more, I expected to get more out of him anyways. "Jungkook seems like be wants to get better and he's doing what he needs to get sober again, but at the same time.." he paused and I tried not to picture his crying face when I closed the door.

"He just looks so defeated, as if he's saying what's the point." Jimin finished.

There was a silence and I didn't know what to say. All I felt was guilt for everything and not going to see him once while he struggled with this hard clean up of his life.

"I was going to take him on a trip." Yoongi said to break the silence.

My head snapped up, "What?"

Yoongi had his arms crossed and eyes on mine, "He needs a break, being around here isn't good for him mentally while he deals with all these withdrawal symptoms."

I felt my chest tighten and furrows my eyebrows. "Why do you think you know what's best for him?" I could feel Jimin staring between us and his hand land on my clenched fists underneath the counter. He gave my hand a squeeze but I ignored him.

"Who's been the one doing everything to make him feel better after you walked out?" Yoongi shot back.

I could feel my pulse quicken with frustration and my cheeks heat up with either anger or guilt because partly what he said was true but I didn't want to admit it to myself. "That's enough you asshole."

Yoongi pushed himself off the counter and went to speak but an angry Jimin cut us both off. "Shut the fuck up!"

There was a silence after his outburst and the small blonde was standing with his chest heaving, "This is about Jungkook's health and I'm not about to let you two turn this into some big pissing contest for your own self pleasure of who does what better!" he yelled.

Jimin stomped off and there was a slammed door shortly after which had Yoongi chasing after him. I was alone in the kitchen and suddenly not interested in being here.

It wasn't long until I left their apartment and went to my own empty one. There was mail stacked in my mailbox and a half eaten moldy sandwhich on the counter from when I last was here before being huddled up in Jimins apartment.

Maybe it was my own turn to clean up a bit. So I did for a few hours, focusing on the floors and the sheets on my bed while the windows stayed open to let in a cool breeze.

It wasn't until the sun had dipped below the horizon and I was tugging on a clean shirt that I heard my phone buzzing away on my dresser. My eyes had started to hurt with sleep and I just noticed it was nearly midnight.

The name flashing on my screen made my stomach drop and heart flutter. It was the last person I expected to hear from and it certainly wasn't an apology call from Yoongi.

My hand was shaking as I slid my thumb over the screen to answer the call. I think I was holding my breath as I waited to hear his voice after so long.

"Taehyung?" his voice sounded hoarse and strained with pain when he spoke. My nerves were replaced with concern and I sat down on my bed as I listened to my baby boy's voice.

"Jungkook what's wrong? Where are you?" There were so many questions on my mind and they all wanted to force they're way out all at once.

There was a cough from his end of the phone and when he spoke it was more like a wheeze, "Unlock your door please."

My heart fell and my throat went dry. As fast as I got up from my bed and rushed to my door, I don't think I could have prepared myself to see the boy I've been missing for so long.

i'm so happy to update and
finally get towards happy taekook
but it's also 2 am and i'm exhausted
so sorry for any mistakes !!