eight

Coach blew his whistle, "Take five!" before groaning, "Again Zachary?! How many attacks do you have?"

Jack walked over to Zach, his face a pale white color. Zach just sat there, with his eyes closed, breathing quietly.

Jack sat beside him and held his hand, "Are you okay Zach?"

"No," he whispered shakily, "no, no."

"Uh coach?" yelled Jack. The coach turned, "Yes Jack?"

"I'm going to take Zach to the washrooms, you can continue."

Coach nodded, "Sure."

"C'mon Zach, we're going to the cafeteria."

"But you're going to miss out on the try out!" exclaimed Zach.

You blew it.

"Zach. Shush."

They walked hand in hand to the empty cafeteria, and Jack sat Zach down, "What's happening?"

Zach shook his head, "Nothing."

"Zach."

"Nothing!"

"Please Zach, tell the truth. You can trust me." told Jack sincerely.

He's lying.

Zach's face turned red, "No I can't!" He stood up, and walked away from Jack.

Jack was left staring at his descending figure, wondering where he had went wrong.

~

Zach sat in gym, watching as the other students made shots and great runs. Zach wouldn't ever be able to do that.

Asthma and Schizophrenia made life hard on himself, but he always kept a smile on his face.

He wanted other people happy when he couldn't be. He wanted to bring sunshine to others even though all he had was clouds.

Voices. He heard voices a lot. He knew they weren't real, knew they were just trying their best to ruin his life, but he always had to respond. He rarely had hallucinations, but when he did the episodes would last for days.

Zach was sat on his bed, staring at Jack's contact photo. It was Jack smiling brightly with the dog snap chat filter. It was adorable.

He typed out, "im sorry jack." and hesitated to click send. But he did.

Instantly, he got a reply, "Are you okay? What happened?"

Zach's fingers floated above the keyboard, wondering if he should tell him.

You'll scare him away.

Zach groaned at the painful voice.

Don't do it.

Zach ignored them and asked Jack if he could come over to his house.

"Of course! I'll give you my address, come whenever time!"

"is now okay?"

"Now is perfect."

~

Zach knocked on the door to what he was hoping was Jack's house and fidgeted with his fingers. Jack opened the door, "Come in, come in."

Jack's house was comfy-looking, if that was a describing word. It had a nice, warm feel to it and smelled of roses.

"Come to my room?" asked Jack.

"Sure."

"Um, my parents are at work, that's why it is quiet. My siblings are in their rooms." told Jack while walking up the stairs.

"You have siblings?" asked Zach.

"Yeah."

Speaking of, "Jack!" yelled a girl. The two boys looked up and saw a girl wearing black tights and a red dress shirt running toward Jack. The girl jumped in Jack's arms and hugged him tightly, "I never see you anymore! You're always in the sh-" 

"Okay Isla, that's enough." told Jack sternly. Zach looked between the two with confusion, before Jack noticed, "Oh, that's my sister Isla."

"Oh, hello Isla." 

"Who are you?" she asked. "He's my friend, Zach,"

Isla let the boys walk upstairs before hugging Zach, "Hello Zach."

Zach was taken aback, but hugged her anyway, "Hello Isla."

Jack silently melted into a puddle, but quickly put himself together again, "Well, um, c'mon Zach."

Isla smiled before running back into her room. "Sorry about that." told Jack. Zach pushed his glasses up his nose, "No, that's all right. She's cute."

Jack silently hoped Zach thought the same about him.

~~~~~~~~~~~

work all day, work all night, i'm no get no sleep tonight

weird ending, wbk, but i'm also switching to zach's "pov" now, because in ALL of my books jack is always the main focus. in discord he was, and in pink hearts, AND NOW IN THIS. cri

hope you enjoyed! also if i get anything wrong about schizophrenia please, PLEASE, point it out.

ily