two

"You're kidding." told Jack in a hopeful tone. His teacher looked at him while shaking her head, "Nope, to try out for the basketball team you have to come to the meeting tonight at five."

Jack's eyes turned large, "My family is going out tonight at that time! Is there any other meeting I could go to?"

His mother thought that having a family dinner would make their family magically reconnect, but Jack knew that it wouldn't happen. If anything he'd rather going to the basketball meeting than to a restaurant with his broken family.

"Nope, sorry Mr. Avery."

Jack rubbed his eyes, trying his best to think of an idea. But somehow that idea came from another voice.

"Uh, Mrs. Lamer, I could like -- take two forms and give one to him tomorrow? And I could -- y'know, tell him what the coach told us, if you want." a small voice came from behind the two.

Jack turned around and saw a boy standing sheepishly with his fingers intertwined with each other, his cheeks tinted a pink shade while looking at Jack with a small smile. 

Jack turned mute and flushed a pink himself.

"Um," thought Mrs. Lamer aloud, "sure? Is that allowed?"

The boy pushed his black rimmed glasses up his nose and nodded, "Well, I think coach would be okay with it."

Jack smiled at the boy, before looking at his teacher. 

"Thank you Herron, and I'm pretty sure Avery over here is thankful too." Jack nodded his head furiously, still unable to speak. 

He's afraid to talk because he knows he'll say something that's considered dirty. Not in the sexual sense, but in general. Especially when a pretty boy is looking at him, just waiting for Jack to mess up literally anything. 

Jack opened his mouth to thank the boy, but nothing came out. His breath hitched as the boy stared at him with furrowed eyebrows, and Jack suddenly felt the room get hotter. He just looked between the two, before heading off to his locker. 

"Crazy one, he is." told Mrs. Lamer. 

"What?" asked the boy.

"Mr. Avery, the one you just helped. He can talk to teachers with no problem but when students ask him anything, he become's an awkward bubble."

The boy stared at the teacher, "Oh?"

"Yeah, you two should be friends. You seem like a good friend. He deserves a good friend."

The boy blinked, and flushed a pink, "You think so?"

Mrs. Lamer looked at the boy with a knowing look, and smiled to herself, "Yeah."

The boy smiled to himself, "Okay, um, bye Mrs. Lamer."

"Bye Zach."

~

The Avery family was sat in a booth in a restaurant called, 'Le Délicieux Café.' Jack thought it sounded too fancy for him.

Jack was silently eating his spaghetti he had ordered, and it was delicious. Their whole family hadn't spoke anything since sitting down, the only words muttered when they ordered food. Jack knew that would've happened, and he could be sitting in a basketball lesson right that second.

Jack scanned the eyes of his family members and sighed to himself, this wasn't the family he wanted.

So he would later go home that day and scrub his forehead for thinking such terrible things about his family, and the boy in the hall. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i hate when authors go "OmG tHis Is GarBagE" but this is-