seven

It was the second, and last try out for the basketball team and Jack was nervous. He had to make the team, he needed to make the team.

"Okay boys, line up in the center, we're going to be taking shots on the net." Jack nodded and jogged to the middle. Zach was standing right behind him, dribbling the ball.

Jack wished he could turn around and start conversing with him, but this try out was important.

It was Jack's turn to shoot. He gripped the ball in his sweaty hands, bent his knees, and released. The ball landed straight into the net. Jack grinned.

Jack grabbed his ball and walked to the end of the line. It was now Zach's turn.

Zach dribbled the ball, before getting into position. He released the ball, and missed. It hit the backboard and flew sharply to the left. Zach shamefully walked towards the ball and scrunched his eyes shut. He blew it.

Jack glanced at Zach with sympathy and continued taking shots. Jack missed none. He was on fire.

Zach felt too many pairs of eyes staring upon him as he tried to take another shot. "Please," he whispered to himself, "just land."

He let the ball flow off of his hands naturally, but missed. And missed, and missed. He never got a shot in that practice.

The coach blew his whistle, "Scrimmage. Same team as last."

Jack sighed and jogged over to his team.

"Corbyn, drop please." asked the coach. Corbyn nodded, "Sure thing." and headed up to the middle of the gym.

The coach blew his whistle and Corbyn hit the ball right towards Jack. Jack smiled and started dribbling.

Zach was covering Jack, and ran beside him. Zach stole the ball slightly, before Jack stole it and sprinted up the side. Zach frowned and sprinted, but it wasn't as fast as Jack. Jack went in for the lay up, before Zach blocked it. "Yes!" muttered Zach under his breath as he started running.

Zach started running, but felt his chest tighten. Zach ignored it. This was his time. By every dribble Zach's throat became more swollen, in need of air. Zach went for the shot, and missed.

Zach groaned aloud with his small breath, and gave his coach a weak signal before running over to the benches.

He didn't need it, he was faking it for attention, he didn't need it, he didn't need it.

He tried to breathe. He sat on the bench, the room starting to turn dark, inhaler held in hand,

He didn't need it, he didn't need it.

He felt light headed.

He needed it.

No.

Take the inhaler.

No.

You're going to faint.

No.

It will be soon too late.

Stop.

He's watching from afar, you look like an idiot.

"Shut up!" yelled Zach.

He's confused now. Take the damn inhaler.

I don't need it.

One,

Zach lifted the inhaler and dreadfully pressed the trigger.

Thank you.

Shut up.

~~~~~~~~

oOOoOoO here she comes with the PLOT TWIST. jkjk, or am i?! hehe