five

Jack walked into the gymnasium and saw a group of boys surrounding the Coach of the basketball team. Jack jogged up to the group, "Hello."

The coach looked up at him and flipped through his papers, "You're Jack, right? 

Jack nodded, "Yeah." and looked around for Zach. He spotted Zach sitting down on the benches, chugging down water while his face was a dark red color. Jack's face grew to concern, but was quickly redirected by his coach, "Okay Jack, we're doing a scrimmage. You're on the left side."

Jack nodded and jogged over to the left side of the gym. He glanced over at Zach who was shutting his eyes, breathing deeply. Jack so badly wanted to go check on him, but knew that the coach would yell at him instantly.

"Corbyn, do the drop please." Jack groaned. Corbyn was his biggest and worst "nightmare," but Corbyn hadn't done anything to him but be sweet and kind. Jack was so jealous of Corbyn that it sometimes worried himself. Corbyn had stunning bleached blonde hair, bluish greenish eyes that sparkles when he talked, a perfect body, athletic, and an amazing personality. Everything Jack wanted to himself.

Corbyn smiled, "Sure coach." and ran to the middle.

Their coach blew the whistle and Jack ran up the far-side, waiting for a pass from Corbyn or his other teammates. But none of them looked his way.

He was wide and open, yelling out his name, getting himself noticed, but no one did. They got their own shots, made amazing passes and lay-ups, but wouldn't ever pass to Jack. 

How would Jack make the team if no one passed to him?

Jack stood right beside the net, not one person blocking him. A boy with curly brown hair was running up the middle, about to get trapped by their opposite team.

"Jack! I'm open! Up the line!" Jack yelled while waving his arms around. The curly haired boy looked to his teammate and nudged over to Jack, while the other teammate furiously shook his head. "I have a clean shot! Jack! Up the line!"

The curly haired boy tried to make a run for it, but got the ball taken off of him.

Jack glared at the boy, before running back to try to defend his net. He looked around for Zach, and noticed that it was Zach who took away the ball. Zach twirled around the other players, ran up to the net and scored a three pointer.

Jack clapped at Zach, before getting side-eyes from the people on his team. Jack held the need to give them the middle finger, before running after the ball once again. 

Basketball made him break his shell of social anxiety, to being this crazy boy who just wanted to get a ball in a net. It made him yell, cheer, smile, and most of all happy. Not many things had that affect on him. 

A boy on the opposate team tried to pass the ball to his teammate, but Jack interfered. He grabbed the ball straight off of the boy, and started sprinting up the side. He heard others call his name but ignored them, he hadn't touched the ball the whole fifteen minutes.

He went for the lay-up, and got it in. He cheered for himself, "Yay me." and smirked. He saw his coach look at him and write something down in his paper.

"Good job!" smiled Corbyn. Jack smiled back, "Thanks."

"I honestly think you have great potential for this team," told Corbyn, "you're super fast too."

"If only people would pass me the pall." he sassed. Corbyn frowned, "Are people doing that? I'm sorry. I'll pass to you."

"Thanks. Again." said Jack before running off into an open space. 

He watched as Zach huffed, but tried to hide it terrible. His face started turning a purple and Jack ran up to him, "Are you okay?"

Zach shook his head and fell into Jack's arms, breathing loudly and heavily.

The coach blew his whistle and ran over to the two, "Where's Zach's bag?"

"On the benches!" yelled Corbyn. 

The coach ran over to the bag and grabbed it.

Jack hugged Zach tightly, "What's wrong? What's wrong?" he repeated. 

"I can't- I cuh-" 

"Zach here." Coach handed Zach a blue inhaler and he took it with shaky hands. Jack understood now, and let go of him slightly so he could take it. 

"Let's go sit down." told Jack.

The coach blew his whistle, "Take five!"

And so they all did.

~~~~~~~~

ugh i make books move too fast i'm sorry osdjfndksdj.