six

Jack felt that he was selfish when he compared his problems to other people's.

The warm water flowed into the shower calmly. Behind the marble walls and shower curtains Jack found peace.

He let too much emotion out of him. When he had wrapped his arms around Zach's beautiful frame, he didn't see an end near. He let out emotion, emotion that he'd been hiding in for years, emotions that he'd been cleaning for so long, he felt naked. 

He washed forehead angrily, trying desperately to remove the thoughts. He then went straight to his heart, scrubbing with power as he tried to clean his feelings. He scrubbed his heart for minutes. He so hopelessly wanted his feelings to leave his body, he wanted to be normal, he wanted to get out of the misery of Jack Avery.

He scrubbed until his fingers crinkled, and let the water cascade down his chest. 

"Please," whispered Jack pleadingly, "please change me."

But the soap never did.

~

Jack sat at an empty cafeteria table with his lunch pale, about to take out the food.

"Hey."

Jack looked up and saw Zach going to sit down across from him. Jack's heart instantly jumped, "Hello."

"I don't want to you think any different of me since the basketball try outs." told Zach seriously. Jack shook his head lightly, "I'd never. Do you have asthma?"

Zach's head fell low as he nodded, "Yeah..."

"Why would I think any different of you?" asked Jack genuinely. 

"I literally almost passed out on you, and I was at my lowest moment. I hate having those attacks in front of people. Especially you." Zach pinched himself as he said those last two words.

"Oh." said Jack with a voice higher than usual. His heart was pounding loudly in his chest as he stared into Zach's eyes, "Well you don't have to be embarrassed around me. I literally can't speak when I meet new people."

Zach smiled, "Thank you!"

"Can I have your number?" asked Jack so quickly he could barely understand himself. Zach flushed a pink, "Sure."

Zach typed his number in Jack's phone and took a weird photo of himself and made it the contact photo. He handed Jack back his phone and Jack smiled, "Nice photo."

Jack finally ate his sandwich with Zach by his side, rambling on about Lady Gaga and her outfits. 

Jack had his phone laying on the table when a notification popped up. Jack furrowed his eyebrows as he grabbed his phone and held it close to his face. Zach sent him a message saying, 'hello'

Jack glanced over at Zach who winked at him. Jack snorted before replying, 'Hello.'

'whatcha eating?' asked Zach through text. Jack replied, 'A yummy sandwich.'

'can i have some?' Jack bit his lip and replied, 'Yes.'

Jack ripped the sandwich in half and gave Zach the other side. Zach took a bite and sighed, "Thank you Jack."

"It's nothing." he replied. But it really was something. This feeling wouldn't go away. It won't go away and it's slowly becoming more stronger, overpowering Jack's weak brain and heart to which he wouldn't have a choice but to admit the truth. The truth that would let him walk in a world full of lava, look at himself in the mirror and not have a problem with the reflection, make him happy. 

He just wanted to be happy, and he is slowly becoming happier without noticing. 

Zach was truly a gift.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

new music video!! i'm so excited