One

Boom boom... Boom boom...

My heart thumped rapidly.

My breath, hazy.

There he was... I thought.

Standing tall as ever... It's shiny brown fur looked soft and his underlying muscles were relaxed. It ate alone, nibbling the greens, across the nearby stream.

He stood there.

10 feet away....

8 feet...

6...

4..

2....

Snap!

Sharp, screaches shot beneath my feet. I looked down, only to meet two half broken twigs.

'Dammit'. I thought.

With a sharp intake of breath, I glanced up once again, meeting the eyes of the little brown beast. It's eyes were dark, mysterious and most of all..

Full of fear!

I stood there silently, watching the brown beast like a hawk.

I blinked. One small and simple movement seemed to register in the deer's mind and in the matter of seconds, all that was left, was a small dusty trail, leading further into the woods.

My adrenaline rapidly increased. The hunt had finally begun. There was no way I was for losing this. That beauty was mine, and only mine

And so I ran.

I hadn't time to build up my speed. I had to leap from my lowered standstill to a fast paced run. I wasn't turning up this opportunity. Not again.

I continued to sprint. My surroundings started to blur and all I could see was the pathway leading to my prey. My heartbeat continued to thump harshly whilst my toes started to tingle. The feeling of determination built up inside me as I felt my skin start to change, my bones start to break and reshape. My teeth started to grow a painful ache as my canines came up into sharp, pointed knives.

I had been running with two legs, but in the matter of seconds, I was running with four. My face grew to a pointed snout and my nails shifted to claws.

Just as I was catching up to the deer, my eyes locked on him, finalising my transformation from human to wolf. Paws started digging in the soil instead of feet. My sprint continued. The sharp turns the deer had taken, hadnt helped my case, but somehow I still managed to keep my eyes set, ready for the kill.

The closer I got, the more the adrenaline pumped through my veins. My final movement was clear. I pushed with my back paws, leaping forward at once. The air flew by me as I started to fall, my teeth making it on time perfectly, latching onto the deer's neck. My prey had been caught. Splatters of blood fell onto my paws, creating a pool of red surrounding both me and the creature. With a silent praise to myself, one thought had finally entered my mind.

Dinner was served...

___

I trailed my prized deer home, feeling an ounce of pride throughout my body. It wasn't normal for deers to be in my part of the forest.

I guess this was my lucky day.

Sunset had almost arrived as I was nearing my home. I always found peace watching the the golden flakes of the sun fade to darkness. As I stood apon the hill on where my home was, I stared at the gold and orange rays of the sun fade behind the far away Western mountains, before continuing to drag the deer along.