Four

Looking deep into those red eyes I felt uneasy.

"Malia." They whispered. "It's going to be okay, but I need you to be quiet, just until this is over."

I nodded my head in understanding. I wasn't sure what was happening, but I knew it wasn't good.

"Love, they're nearly here, we have to do this now!" I watched as my parents scrambled around grabbing candles and a few match sticks.

"Power of the Moon, I call to you." My mother called, lighting each candle as quick as she could. "I ask you for your help. I ask for Malia to live."

Watching closely, I took in the candles, how the flames once flickered, so small and delicate to how they rose, high and mighty. The flames only got bigger by the second.

"Power of the Moon!" Mother said, much louder this time. "Help us. Help Malia be safe, let her live on in our legac-"

Before my mother could finish, I watch as our front door swung open and falling to the floor, completely broken from the hinges.

My father rose to his feet, bracing himself as he marched to the man who stood just outside where the door once was.

Feeling a sharp breeze push past me, I could feel the storm rising. Snow pushing past the archway into the room.

Looking back to the two men ready to pounce. All I remembered was the scream from my mother.

"RICHARD NO!"

—————-

I rose from where I lay in the cabin rather sharply. I had been sweating as I took in the dampness from my hair and skin. Taking a deep breath, I rose to my feet. Preparing to get started for the day.

I felt uneasy. The dreams were becoming more frequent lately. Nearly every night. I couldn't understand what was happening or why this was happening now of all times.

Grabbing some clothes and my polar bear skinned cloak, I headed off down to the river to wash up. I watched as Red slowly made his way out the door alongside me. Following along with me down to the river stream.

It had been just short of a week since we had met. We hit it off really well so far. I learned little things like his favourite food, which is squirrels and how he enjoys sleeping in front of the fire to keep warm.

Truely it has been great to have a companion. To have someone whom I can talk to. Someone to listen and also someone who's just there.

Scrubbing every part of me in the river, I finally rendered myself clean. I had glanced over to Red who was having a drink at the far end of the river before climbing out and covering up.

I had slowly begun to dress until something stopped me, I felt the sense of unease. The same feeling I had a week prior. Glancing once again over to Red whose head was perked up, listening out for unusual sounds. I knew he felt the same.

Something was off. Something wasn't right. Continuing to put my polar bear coat on, I finally heard it. The snap of a branch, far off to my left.

I had grabbed my bow in rapid speed, taking off in the direction of where the branch snapped. I ran in full speed. Determined to find what creature was watching me.

The Lost Pupजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें