Cobblepot's Enemy: 49- Hell in Gotham- Part 1

Start from the beginning

They nodded "Yes Ma'am."

Sirens wailed in the distance and I groaned as I motioned to them to go before the cops came, they nodded and took off running. I sat down on the sidewalk and put my head in my hands. Today is starting off great.

Luckily, it was Gordon and Harvey, I told them what had happened and Bullock was looking at the building ahaking his head "Whoever done this ..it wasnt a accident."

"I know that" I said and stood up from the sidewalk "Me and my guys were lucky to gwt out in time."

"Where are your men?" Jim asked.

"Out running around somewhere. They heard sirens and ran off, they dont like police" I said simply and crossed my arms "I feel like hell."

"You look like it." I glare at Harvey as he stepped forward and wiped blood off of my forhead "Did it hit you?"

"No. The ground did."

He laughed and stepped back "What are you going to do? There is no telling how much rhis is going to cost to fix" he said and smiled sadly "It looked nice inside too."

"I know."

Finally, they left and I stood staring at my home. Bamonte's was my home, I remember all the laughs me and Sal had, all the arguments ...all te gun shots. It was memories I couldn't replace. I didn't know where to go, I couldnt trust Sofia after what all she has told me, I am pretty sure she has a plan for me too. Harvey woildnt habe enough room f8r me and my men.

The only place I knew to go was somewhere I did not want to go.

But, it was my only choice.

---------------------------

"I got one and a half rooms that your men could sleep in. Unfortunately for us you will have to bunk with me ...I know neither of UA like the option but it is all i can do."

He opened rhe door and to my surprise the room hasnt changed, and aome of the sruff I had lft was still here. Cobblepot manor is just how I remember it.

"Thank you" I sad and smiled up at him, a small one was all I could manage because of the cuts on my face from the gravel "Means a lot."

"Just because we aren't ...how we used to be doesn't mean I won't be there for you" Oswald said and I sat on the bed as one of his people came into the room with a bowl of hot water, a wash cloth and a First aid kit. Oswald ordered rhem to oeave and he shut the door before hobnling over and taking the wet rag from my hand.

He sat beside me and slowly started to clean the cuts on my face. I grunted everytime it would hurt and he started to smile.

"Nessita Maroni still won't let it ahow that she does feel pain."

"Showing a weakness ...it let's the enemy know exactly where to hit to get to you" I told him and sighed as he wiped away more blood and washed it off in the bowl "I'm sorry."

He stopped squeezing the wash cloth and looked at me "For which part?"

I shook my head "Leaving without telling you why. I was stupid" I said as he got bad to cleaning the cuts "I didnt know and still dont know what has happened to me-"

"Take your shirt off."

"Excuse me?"

Hia face turned red but he was smiling "Your shirt has blood seeping through and I can't clean ...wirhout your shirt off,"

Luckily it was my chest and I had a tank top on underneath, it was easy for him to clean the wound. It was a mid sized wound and was probaby from the bomb going off. I was more worried about Blue and Crash that I didn't even check myself.

He was cleaning it and stopped when the wash cloth hooked something, his face had a shocked look but he wouldn't let me look.

"What is it?!"

"Nothing. Just ...let me get it out" he said sternly and got some tweezers from the bedside table and I closed my eyes as he messed around trying to get whatever it was out of my chest.

After what seemed like hours he finally got it. It was a piece of metal, small but enough to hurt.

He set on the bedside table and went to cleaning the wound before putting something on it and wiped his hand clean "All done" he said and smiled at me "Although you will take time to heal."

"I'll be fine. You could have just let one of your people do it so you wouldn't have to."

He shook his head "No. Nobody is Touching my girl" he said and stopped realizing what he has said, I stared at him as he closed his eyes and bit his jaw "my ...friend."

Neither of us moved for q moment, then he stood up and walked to the door "Get some rest. I will have someone come up and get you when dinner is ready."

As he closed the door I heard him mumble something, but he had already closed it before I could ask.

-

I was amazed by the food Oswald had had cooked for my crew. Steaks, baked potatoes, salads, etc, I thout my guys were actually going to explode for once in their life of eating food, I grinned as I watched them pig out and I turned to Oswald who was eating his own food.

"You know ...you didnt have to cook all of this" I said and motioned to rhe table "We would have been fine with stew or something."

Crash burped and I smacked ahand to my head, so much for manners, I thought as Oswald let out a laugh "Please. I am happy to do it, your home got blew to pieces so I took you in" he shrugged "Usually that means feeding the guest too" he told me and tooka  sip of his drink.

Blue grunted "Listen to him, Ness. We are growing boys" he said making them laugh, I growned and took abite of my own food before looking towards Oz who was taking another sip of his drink. Old feelng for him rushed to the surface and I looked down at my food.

"So, how did Nessita find her a crew as nice as you all?"

Crush smirked "She saved me and Blue. We got beat up pretty bad in a fight, after kicking major ass she took us in. We are loyal to our Boss Lady" he said and grinned "and we must have you fooled to think we are nice, Mr. Cobblepot."

That caused them all to laugh and I took a sip of my wine as I rolled my eyes and looked to Oz, he looked horrified, it made me laugh.

"Alright. Eat all you like boys, I think I am going to go to bed" I said and smiled to them and Oz, he was staring at me in a way that made me feel something I haven't felt in a long time. I smiled a small one at him and turned on my heel heading out of the room.

I was opening the door to the room when a arm turned me aeound and he kissed me on the mouth before guiding me into the room and shutting the door behind us.

Apparently, those emotions/old feelings had gotten to him too by the look on his face. We just stared at each other after breaking the kiss, his eyes spoke for him, he didnt need to say anything. Me coming back to Gotham had gotten to both of us apparently, he put his hands on my waist and kissed me again.

Damn, I should have stayed in Star City.