Chapter Twenty-four: I understand now

*Blake* 

I am so tired. Having to restore my mother's lover's life counter back to normal takes up so much energy. She is with him every chance she gets, so having to put it back to normal takes so long. That guy should already be dead if I didn't fix it each time.

"Thank you sweet heart." 

"Mom it's fine, I get it. I would do the same if I was in your shoes. Just do me a favor, take it easy OK? Having to fix Esteban's life counter takes to much energy."

" I know Blake, but you know how things are with your father. I can't stand to be with him, but I can't leave him. And it's not just because I still love him." 

"Mom its cool OK? I love you, I just want you to be happy."

"Thank you Blake, I love you."  

"I love you too mom." I hung up and put my phone back in my pocket. I placed my arm over my eyes, and took a deep breath. My body has never felt so heavy, it was like something was pushing down on my chest. If I wasn't immortal the pressure would have affected my breathing.

"Blake."  I sat up once I heard that voice. A voice, I have not heard in a long time.

"Grandfather?" I heard his laugh, and it was so warm and loving. Nothing like mine or my father's, who's laugh causes who ever hears it to shake with fear.

"Blake my boy, how are you?" 

"I'm, fine. Grandfather how can this be? I thought once I became the grim reaper my soul was tainted, and unable to reach you."

"It is hard, but not impossible. We must meet from time to time to agree on the state of a soul, didn't your father ever tell you that?" No. Father never liked talking about grandfather, even after he found out we meet him.

"It doesn't matter. What made you want to talk with me?" 

"It is about your sister." That really caught my attention. I sat at the edge of my bed, blocking out all other sounds so that I can listen to him. "My angels believe that we have found a way, to wake Lolita up from your father's eternal slumber." 

Those are the words I have waited to hear, and the ones I feared I never would. I was finally going to get my sister back, and I didn't need my father to do it.

"What do I have to do?"

************************************************************************************************

I changed into my full reaper form, and entered the gates of limbo. Just like grandfather told me to. There, souls wonder until there time to transfer comes up. If a soul can't be placed as soon as I collect their soul, then this is where I leave them until a place can be decided for them.

As I walk trough the cold, foggy path, countless souls look at me. I walk pass them with an air of power and confidence, it actually causes them to stay away from me. What most people don't know is that limbo can actually be a hell of a lot more scary than hell it's self. Here, souls are empty, and some have even been here for so long, they lose all memory of who they once were. They crave any form of life, and if you show any sign of weakness, they will be drawn to you like moths to a flame. And if by some chance they get a hold of you, they will take over your body until it becomes theirs. 

As soon as I was deep into the center of limbo, I stopped and took out the message that my grandfather gave to me. He said once I was there, that I should open the message and it will let me know what I need to do next. I pulled out the piece of holly parchment from my robe and opened the seal. A warm light flashed, and all the wondering souls disappeared. I guess the warmth of heaven is to much for even them. I checked my hand and saw a small red mark, the light burnt my hand. It was already starting to heal anyway.