Chapter Seventeen: You are not just a reaper!

*Abraham* 

Fuck. Where the hell is she getting all this power?! She isn't suppose to be able to stand up, let alone carry a scythe. Something about her has changed, she isn't like before.

"What's the matter Abraham, are you done already?" Damn it. My body was taking to long to heal, what was she doing to me?

"Not at all, I'm just getting started." I summoned as much energy as I could manage and trough it at her. She cut trough it as if it were nothing.

"Be honest Abraham, you are done. I do not need to be a reaper to know that, your body is shaking." I looked down and saw that my body was indeed shaking, but not with fear. I had cuts I hadn't even noticed while we were fighting, and my arm was turning a strange purple color. I have never seen my own blood before, how is this possible.

"What have you done?! Why can I see my own blood?!"

"Have you really not figured it out? I will give you a second to think about." She pulled her scythe back and went to check on her brother. Did she not take this seriously?

I walked towards the closes wall and leaned against it for support, I was at the point of falling. I leaned my head against the wall and thought about what she might have done to me. The whole fight we haven't been near one another, we only used our powers for long ranged attacked. She couldn't have done anything because she never made physical contact with me. What the hell could she have done? I looked down and saw that I was near the table that contained all my chemicals. That stupid girl just gave me the time I needed to win this thing.

*************************************************************************************************

*Lolita* 

This fight is dragging on, and I need to get Blake out of here fast. I told him to think about what I may have done to him, but I was more worried about Blake. He was breathing hard, and looked like he could actually die at any second. Ashton found a towel and some water and was trying to keep him awake and hydrated.

"Ashton, how is he?"

"Not so good. We need to get him out of here and soon, I don't know how much longer I can keep him awake." He's right. I saw Blake's eyes getting darker, he didn't have much time. I looked back at Abraham and he was deep in thought, but something was off about him. I looked behind him and saw he was leaning against a table, but I couldn't see what was on it.

"Ashton, I know I said stay by my side at all times...but I need you to go."

"What?! Estas Loca?!"

"What?"

"Are you crazy, hell no! I'm not gonna leave you alone here. What if you end up like him? What am I suppose to do then?" I placed a bony hand on his cheek, and I was happy that I could still feel the coldness of his skin.

"I know, and thank you. But my brother needs help, and you are the only one that can get him out of here. I will manage some how, just please help my brother." He didn't want to go, I could see it in his eyes. But he nodded his head and picked Blake up and put him over his shoulder.

"OK. But promise me you will come back!" I didn't want to promise that, because I don't even know if I will come back. Without him here, I might not even be able to stand up anymore.

"Ashton..." He pulled me into a hug. Even without skin I could still feel the strength of his body, the cold chill his skin gave off.

"At least promise me you wont go down, not without a fight." 

"I give you my word." He smiled and ran out the building with my brother on his shoulder. I couldn't help but notice something that scared me...Blake had a life counter now. I turned to face Abraham, and I was now feeling the affects of his energy. Being in Reaper form it wasn't as bad as I had thought, but it was still enough to make me feel sick.

"Oh, have they left you alone here to die?" His wounds were healed, and his bruises were gone. He was ready for a fight, but this time I may be the one needing the break.

"I am never alone Abraham. I have the energy from all the humans you have killed, they are with me. And just like me, they want to see you die." I summoned the scythe back to my hand, and my flames dances at the tip of the blade. They wanted, no, needed to feel his body burn with their power. 

"Such big talk for someone bending over in pain. I guess it was thanks to my little Ashton that you were able to even stand, and now without him you feel my true power."

"I don't need him here to take care of you." I summoned the flames to my hand and aimed them at him. He dodged them and hit me with a blast of the yellow energy that was around him. Being blasted with that thing felt like I had swallowed gasoline and then being hit by the car it came from. I wanted to stay down so badly, but I couldn't. I promised Ashton that if I was gonna go down, I was gonna go down fighting. I got back on my feet, and noticed that I was wearing my dark jeans again. My black hair flowed down as well, I must be turning back to normal.

"Is that as far as you can go as a reaper, how disappointing. I was hoping for you to prove me wrong, I guess it was nothing more than a fluke." He waved his hand and knocked me against the wall again. Only this time I ended up breaking part of the wall along with me. He wasn't going easy on me, he really wants to kill me. It's a good thing I didn't accidental inject myself when I stuck him with it. By the look of things, he still doesn't know I hit him with his own mixture. I might be able to use this to my advantage, if I can last that long.

"I'm not done, not by a long shot." I ran at him and swung my scythe, but the damn bastard jumped and dodged it. While my back was to him he used that chance to hit me with another hard blast of his energy. Every time that thing made contact with my skin it left me feeling drained, it was becoming harder and harder to stand up.

"Don't, give up." Blake? I looked around real quick, but he was gone. Ashton was taking him to get help, I could feel his energy getting farther and farther away.

"Blake, were are you? Are you OK?"

"I'm fine, just weak. I can feel you struggling, don't give up."

"Blake, I may be in over my head this time. I could only fight him before because Ashton was here with me. He is able to act as a shield against Abraham's dark energy. Without him, I may lose."

"Bullshit! Lolita you are strong even without him by your side. Remember, we aren't only reapers."

"I thought that was a bad thing." Everyone that knows about us always said we weren't as strong as we should be because mother is a fallen angel. Had father picked a demon woman, we would be stronger than we could ever dream.

"I used to think so too, but I was wrong. I realized something when he was pumping that weird orange thing into me. The whole time I was stuck there, I heard a voice telling me that I would be fine. Even when I was giving up hope, it would tell me I would be OK. Lolita, it was grandfather. I was talking with mother's father." How could this be? Mother's father is none other than god himself. We were told he wanted nothing to do with us because of who father was, and what mother did.

"Brother, are you sure?"

"Yes. Lolita being half angel isn't bad. It was the very thing keeping me alive! Believe in your other half, don't just focus on your demon half."

"Blake I don't know." 

"Trust me, you can do it...." 

The idea of using our angel side never cross my mind before. I guess I've always been so focused on learning to be a reaper, I never thought about my angel side. I don't even know what I'm suppose to do.

"Hurry up and fight! If not I will kill you now and end this!" I have to do something, and quick.

"Mother, please, help me."

"Fear not my dear child, for you are never alone. Believe in the light your mother has given to you and you will be saved." That voice. I have never heard such a warm and carrying voice. It sounded like my mother's only manly. Could this, be my grandfather?