Chapter Ten: What draws me to her?

*Lolita* 

I know Teresa figured out that we know what Ashton is, she won't talk to me. Since we had dinner at my house she has been avoiding me, and she is doing everything in her power to keep him away from me. I truly hope that this does not continue, because she knows better than anyone that my passions can only last for so long.

"How's it going?" I knew he was standing behind me even before he spoke. I could feel the hairs in the back of my neck stand up. This is why we make sure we stay away from humans, they will wonder why we are so cold.

"Not so good. She knows we know, so she is keeping him away from us." I see her pulling him by the arm as they turn the corner. The warning bell rings, but we don't bother moving. The only reason I even come to school is because of Tess, if not I would always be at home.

"Planning on cutting?"

"Maybe."

"Count me in, lets go." Once there is no one left in the halls we make ourselves invisible and head to the front doors. I look at the secretary and use my powers to make her type that we were in class the rest of the day. Normally I don't use my powers for things like this, but I didn't have the passions to deal with anyone today.

We get home and our mom doesn't even care that we skipped school, she knows we can afford to miss a few days. I head to my room and look out my window, the souls outside bring a now familiar comfort that I have become accustomed to. I look around and I can feel a strange energy coming from one of the allies near the park. It's not human, but its not dead either.

"Blake."

"Damn! I hate when you do that! What?!"

"There is something going on in the ally near the park, come with me."

"Fine." I release my wings and fly to the ally, I can already feel Blake behind me. "Shit, I see why you wanted to come. What the hell is it?"

"I don't know, that's why I wanna check it out." 

We land on the walls of the alley and the energy is now so strong that it almost makes me want to trough up. Normally spiritual energies give off an energy that grants us more power, but not this one. This one is so disgusting it makes my body feel weak. I look over to Blake and he looks even paler than normally, but with a hint of green to his face.

"Bro, you OK?"

"No! What the fuck is that?!" I head towards the energy, but I have to hold onto the walls just to keep myself up. I can still feel Blake's familiar cold breeze behind me, so I don't have to check.

It felt like we were walking for hours, but I knew that it hadn't even been five minutes. At this rate what ever it was it is gonna get away. I can hear Blake drop to his knees, and frankly  I want to too. This spiritual energy is beyond anything me or Blake can handle, I'm not sure if even my dad can handle this. I can see a strange yellow glow up ahead, but I can't even make it that far. I fall to my knees, and for the first time in my life I'm scared of the darkness that is taking over me.

*********************************************************************************************

*Ashton* 

I had to get the hell away from her. She may be my sister, and I love her to death, but enough is enough. Ever since we had dinner at her friends how she has been acting strange as hell. Once school ended I actually had to hop out the window just so she wouldn't find me. I hopped the fence at the back of the school and decided to take the long way home.

*Such Horrible Things, by Creature Feature*

Great.

"...Hey sis."

"Where the hell are you?!" Damn, she almost busted my ear drum.

"First, cool the damn attitude. I am still your older brother. Second, what's up?"

"Where are you? I went to meet you at your class but you were gone." 

"Sorry, I had something I had to do. I'll just meet you at home, OK?"

"...Fine, but be careful. I just got you back." I can hear the pain in her voice, and it kills me inside. I know how sad she was when I left, and especially when she must have seen me in the hospital. 

"I know Tessie, I will. Te lo prometo, I promise."

"OK, see you at home." I hang up and continue walking. I decided to cut trough the park, when I see something on the alley floor. I know I should keep walking, but what ever it was was really big. I head towards it, and I see that its actually a girl.

"Oh shit!" I run to her and I move the hair from her face, it's Lolita. What the hell was she doing all the way out here? And what happened to her? I check her wrist, and I can't help but notice how freezing cold she is. I check for a pulse, thank god she has one. I check out the rest of her, but she doesn't appear to be hurt.

"Lolita, can you hear me? Wake up." I don't want to move her to much, but I can't leave her here. I pick her up, and I can't help notice how light she is. She might as well be a feather. I know her house is closer than mine from here, so I just head there. I knock at her door,and she is so light that I don't even have to adjust her to do it.

"Ashton, what are y- What happened?!" She opens the door all the way and I walk inside. I place her on the couch and she is still knocked out. Her mom places a blanket on her, but all I can stare at is her face. She looks so peaceful, and...beautiful.

"Is she OK?" I watched as her mother checked everything on her, almost to make sure that something was still there. Everything must have been fine, because she let out a relaxed sigh.

"Yes, she is fine. Ashton, what happened?"

"I wish I could tell you. I took the long way home to avoid my sister, and I found her passed out on the floor. I'm thankful that it was me that found her. She was all alone." That made her head snap up for a second, but she seemed to calm down.

"Thank you Ashton, I will take it from here."

"Are you sure she is OK?" I couldn't help but feel that she was hiding something from me, and I want to know what it is. Teresa must know, that's why she is acting this way. I could tell that there was something wrong with this family, they aren't normal. 

I look at Lolita, and she looks like an angel. Even with all the black that she wears, I can't help but feel there is something more to her. She is quiet, but she says a lot with just how she looks at someone. There was something that draws me to her and her family, and I want to know what it is.