Chapter Nine: I want my brother back.

*Teresa*

I have always been able to see things that I shouldn't. I was able to see my cousin, even after she died when I was five. My family thought I was crazy, or that I was just looking for attention. I was slowly becoming depressed, thinking that I really was crazy. It only got worse when I almost lost my brother. Out of everyone in the family, he was always on my side. He would fight with our cousins every time they would call me a bruja, a witch.

"Don't worry Tess, I will always have your back!" I remember the smile he gave me when my mom was cleaning his cuts. He had finished fighting our cousin Enrique and got a cut on his head because of it. Even with the blood covering his right eye, I thought he looked amazing. He was never afraid to stand up for someone, and it was that bravery that killed him.

We were at home waiting for our parents to get back from the store. They went to get the ingredients to cook dinner, and told us to stay home and wait. Ashton and I were watching T.V in the living room, when we heard the front door burst open. At first I thought it was the wind again, but I remember that mom and dad had locked it on their way out.

"Teresa, hide!" He grabbed my hand and led me to the basement, it was built for something like this. We heard things breaking and what sounded like someone yelling at someone.

"Man I know someone's here! I heard running!"

"Check every where, we can't have anyone see us!" I was in the corner holding my legs close to my chest. I could hear my heart beat and I was afraid it was loud enough to give us away.

"Ashton, Quiero a mami y a papi." I wanted my parents to get here and make them go away, but I was scared that they would get hurt if they did. Even though he was only six, Ashton didn't even seem like this scared him at all.

"Teresa, stay here." He got up and headed for the door. I ran and held onto him using all the strength my little arms could give me.

"No don't go! Don't leave me here alone!" He looked at me and smile the same smile he gave me the day he fought our cousin. I knew he was going to go no matter what, and it was like in a way he was saying good bye with that smile. 

"Te amo Tersa, I love you." He kissed my forehead before hiding me behind some of our dad's boxes and heading up to stairs. I heard him unlock the door and I heard him yell at the men.

"I told you someone was here!"

"Dude relax, he's just a kid."

"I don't care! He's seen us!"

"GO AWAY! Take what you want and leave!" He sounded so brave, but I could tell he was scared. I knew my brother better than anyone, I know he was a brave guy. But even the bravest man had his fear, and I know Ashton wasn't gonna be able to fight these guys. I move the boxes and tried to squeeze out from in between them. I finally managed to get out, but I was to late. 

The sound was like and explosion in my ear, and it took all the air from my body. I fell to my knees, and I could already feel the tears pouring out of my eyes before I could even tell what was happening. There was a ringing in my ear, and I wanted nothing more than to trough up.

"DUDE! WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO!"

"HE SAW US! WE HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE!" I ran up stairs, just in time to see the two men looking at my brothers body. I saw them, but they didn't see me. They were to busy looking at my brother's body, and all the blood that was coming out of him. They didn't even bother grabbing their bags, they just ran out the door. I could already hear the sirens heading towards the house, and the two man pulling away in their car. I didn't even bother moving, all I could do was look at my brother. He was faced down with his head to the side, his face was blank, and I could see the light leaving his eyes.