Chapter 15

***suzannes pov***

I hear a knock at my door, I walk over thinking it was only my neighbors looking for there dog, who always ran into my yard.

I open up to see blond haired blue eyed boy, after a few seconds I recognize the boy at the door, his name was Casey, he was my best friend's son.

But there's a girl with him, who I don't recognize, she has dark brown hair with hazel eyes, she's pail and skinny. There's bruises covering her face and neck. there's a bandage on her forehead with blood on it, she's leaning up against Casey for support. after I sat there staring at the horrific stage of this girl before I realize they were both staring at me with desperation in there eyes.

"Casey! what are you doing here, I haven't seen you since-" I stop short not wanting to bring up his dead mother.

"C-can we come in" he asked I could tell he was scared of my response

"Of corse!" I say opening the door wider and steeping out of the way.

Casey helped the girl inside and sat her gently on the couch, before walking over to where I was standing.

"Casey whats going on?"

"Who is that?"

"What are you doing here?"

"It's kind of a long story" he says wile we walk over to the kitchen and sit down on the stools by the counter.

After we sit down Casey begins to catch me up on the past 3 years of his life, I haven't spoken to him since his mom passed away when he was 11. He tells me about how his dad went to jail and he ended up in foster care.

But I was still confused about why he was here and who the girl was, and why she was here.

"And the girl?" I ask

We both look over to the girl who was now fast asleep on the couch.

"Oh that's Jamie.." he begins to say but he's cut off

"STOP!" GET OFF ME!"

We hear somebody scream we both look over to the girl on the couch, who's now sitting up on the couch, she's shaking and crying, and trying so hard to catch her breath.

Casey excuses himself and rushes to the couch and sits himself next to the girl. He places his hand over hers but she pulls away, they start talking but I can't hear what there saying.

I walk over to the couch.

"What's wrong sweetie?" I ask

"J-just a b-bad dream" she stuttered

There was fear in her eyes

What was she so afraid of? I thought to myself

How'd she get the bruises?

Why? why is she here?

I'm going to help this girl I promised myself. I'm going to help this girl if the last thing I do!