Chapter 3

I pulled myself together and walked out of the bathroom. I saw my dad passed out on the couch, the sight of him disgusted me. I stood there staring at him thinking about what had happened last night. All of the sudden there was knock at the door, the sound made me jump. I couldn't answer the door looking like this! but the knocking would surely wake him up then I'd be dead for sure! I walked over to the door and slowly pulled it open just a crack, I looked out to see it was Donna the women who lived in the apartment next to us. I pulled the door open a little more, I kept my head down hoping she wouldn't notice the bruise on my face.

"I heard screaming last night is everything allr-" she stopped short. She put her hand under my chin lifting my face up to where she could see it better.

" MY GOD SWEETIE! What happened to your face" she exclaimed. I just stood there not knowing what to say, I couldn't think of an excuse for having bruises that big on my face, and something told me she already had an Idea of what was really going on.

"Where's your dad?"she asked with a panicked tone. "He's sleeping"I said quietly.

" Did he... Did he hit you honey?"

As soon as she said that tears started streaming down my cheeks. I couldn't help it.

"It's alright" she said while pulling me into a hug.

After a few minutes she let go , and reached into her pocket, and pulled out her cell phone.

"I'm calling the police" she said sternly. I just shook my head and looked down at my feet.