Chapter 5

I woke up the next morning. As soon as I woke up miss jenny walked into the room.

"Hey there, I'm afraid I have some bad news"

She paused then continued talking.

"Jamie I'm sorry I couldn't any family for you to stay with, your going to be put in a foster home"

I sat there in silence and slowly brought my knees to my chest. "I'm going to be living with complete strangers" I said quietly with a shaky voice.

Miss jenny put her hand on my shoulder I tensed up when she touched my back.

"Jamie, I know your scared and you probably have so manny trust issues after what you've been threw but I promise you'll be just fine, and I already found a really nice home for you."

I shook my head, and thanked her

"I'll give you a minute" she said before walking out.

I just sat there feeling numb blankly staring at the wall with a million thoughts running threw my mind.

After a few minutes of suffering in silence the nurse walked In.

"Hey sweetie, your being released from the hospital you can get dressed then your outta here" she said with a big smile on her face.

So I went into the bathroom changed out of my hospital gown and into the clothes I wore here. When I stepped out of the bathroom, miss Jenny was waiting for me in the room.

"Already to go!" she asked happily

"Go where?" I asked quietly

"Well first we'll go back to your apartment so you can grab some clothes then off to the foster home" she said still with her cheery happy tone.

"Oh ya okay" I said trying to pull a smile.

Miss Jenny signed my discharge papers then we went to her car, and drove to my apartment building. We both went in and took the elevator up to the apartment.

"I'll wait out here just grab what you need for now and somebody will come back and get the rest of your things in a few days" miss Jenny said standing at the door of the apartment.

As soon as I walked in I went strait to my room, pulled out a old worn down duffle bag, waked to my dresser and just threw a bunch of cloths in. I didn't care what I grabbed, I felt so nervous I couldn't think straight. Then I walked into my bathroom thew in my tooth brush and hair brush, then zipped up the bag.

I walked back to the door, before opening it I turned around and looked At the apartment one last time before opening the door and stepping out. Miss and Jenny was still waiting at the door.

"Got everything you needed" she asked.

"Yea" I answered

Then we walked out of the building and got back in the car. We drove about 15 minutes before we pulled into a driveway of a small house. The wood on the front porch of the house was rotting, the front yard was overgrown, there were cracks in the windows and shingles were falling off the roof.

"Here we are" miss Jenny. Said happily

We both got out of the car, and miss Jenny took my bag, I walked up the driveway and slowly approached the door. Miss Jenny knocked on the door, I started to tremble. A women with short black hair greeted us at the door.

" This is mrs. Smith" miss jenny said.

"And you must be Jamie" she answered as she held out her had for me to shake.

My hand was shaking uncontrollably as I shook mrs.smiths hand and said hello.

"I'll see you in a little while Jamie, good luck" miss jenny smiled and walked back to her car as mrs. Smith led me inside.

The house reeked of cigarets and alcohol. Everything in the house was a mess, there was garbage all over the floor beer cans all over the kitchen counter and cigaret buds almost everywhere you looked. Miss jenny was lying threw her teeth when she said she found me a good home.

After a few moments of looking around, mrs. Smith led me upstairs to a small room with 5 beds and a window.

"Here ya go" she said and walked back down stairs.

There were already three other kids in the room, a girl who looked around the age of 16 to 17 and two guys who looked about the same age, as the girl. When I walked they all stared at me, so I just walked over and took a seat on one of the beds. I looked down at my feet shaking trying not to cry, I was terrified, new place, new people, what if they tried to hurt me. I didn't know what to do.