Chapter 13

(It's the next morning)

I felt somebody's hand on my arm, I jumped up from the bed and pulled my arm back, I sighed in relief to see it was just Casey.

"Wake up" he whispered

Today's the day, the day we got away from this all of this. I swung my legs over the side of the bed, and placed my arm over Casey's shoulders for support because I still wasn't capable of standing up on my own. The abuse I've been receiving has taken a toll on my body. I slowly stood up with the help of Casey. He grabbed the bags we had packed the night before and I slipped on a pair of sandals.

We made our way out of the bedroom were everybody else was still asleep. Casey helped me down the stairs and out the front door. The sun was just starting to rise. Everything was so peaceful.

Casey whispered in my ear "they won't touch you again" as I limped down the sidewalk, still relying on him for support.

After a painful walk down 3 blocks we made it to the bus stop, Casey gently sat me gently down on a bench then sat me down himself. After about 10 minutes a bus pulled up to the bus stop, and the door swung open. Casey slowly helped me stand up and helped me up the steps to get onto the bus.

"Where are you two going so early in the morning?" the bus driver said.

Casey didn't answer he just took a pile of cash out of his pocket and handed handed to the driver. Then we walked down the isle of the bus and sat in the closest seat we could find.

We took our seats and after a few minutes of silence Casey turns to me and says

"Okay spill it"

I look at him with a confused expression "what?"

"Your story... How you ended up in foster care"

"Oh... Okay" I say I knew I could trust him, and I had to tell him but the thought of my dad disgusted me.

"Go ahead Jamie, it's okay you can tell me anything"

I nodded and began my story

"Well I never knew my mother she left when I was two, and my dad he..."

I felt tears forming in my eyes but Casey signaled me to keep going

"He's been hitting me for as long as I can remember, and when I turned ten he... He-he started sexually abusing me, but my neighbor found out and called the police"

I look down at he ground and begin to cry, Casey put his hand under my chin, and pushed my face up. He put his hand to my cheek and wiped the tears from my cheeks.

"It's okay your safe now" he whispered his words comforted me.

"Okay your turn" I told him

"Well I had a pretty normal childhood, but when I was 11 my mom got sick and she passed away..."

His voice cracked I could tell he was holding back tears, he cleared his throat and continued

"After she passed away, my dad started drinking, his drinking problem got way out hand, that's when he met this girl, one thing lead to another and she started living with us. he started abusing her, she told the cops, he got arrested and I got taken from the house"

"Casey I'm sorry" I said

"But hey all of that is behind us now" he said with a cheerier tone.