Chapter 8

***Casey's pov*** (before meeting Jamie)

I was in the bedroom, listening to my foster parents scream and argue downstairs. They did this all the time. All you could hear was screaming and glass breaking. One of the younger girls who was 3 started to cry, I held her, and kept telling her it was okay. I sat there waiting for the yelling to end, but it didn't.

Suddenly I heard police sirens outside of the house. The little girl who I was holding in my lap clung on to me and started sobbing louder.

Suddenly I heard footsteps come up the hall. A police officer walked into the bedroom.

"I need to get you out of here okay" he said attempting to sound as calm as he could.

He walked over and took the little girl out of my arms, and held him in his own, he carried her out of the room and I followed them all the way outside. There were police cars parked outside the house.

"What's going on!" I yelled

A police officer came up to me "come with me" he said and he directed me to a car I got in the back and we drove off.

After a few minutes of driving, we pulled up to a worn down house. I knew why I was here, I was bing put in another foster home again!

This was my sixth foster home, and honestly I was tried of moving around all of the time.

As soon as the car was parked the officer and I got out and walked up to the door, he knocked on the door. A few moments later a women answered the door.

"Hi, I'm mrs. Smith and you must be Casey" she said

I shook my head as I stepped in the door and shut it behind me.

"It's late you should get some rest there's a bedroom upstairs to the left where you can sleep" she said

I thanked her and I went upstairs, I stood at the bedroom door for a moment, I heard somebody sobbing following a couple thumps.

I swung the door open to see a girl lying on the floor covered in bruise, blood pouring from her nose and a guy obviously older then her kicking her in the chest.

_________________________________________

Authors note, okay so that was just a chapter about how Casey came to the foster home, in the next chapter it will be back to were we left off in the previous chapter in Jamie's pov again.