Chapter 7

Weeks passed, nothing changed zak was still hitting me at least once a day, maybe more and sometimes Tomas would even join in wile Clair would just stare. Tonight would be no different. I was sitting on my bed when zak grabbed my arm and yanked me from the bed, he swung a punch at my face making me fall to the ground. He kicked me repeatedly in my stomach. That's when I heard the door swing open and somebody yelled out

"Stop your going to kill her!"

I looked up to see a younger guy standing in the doorway.

"Who the fuck are you" zak said sarcastically while backing away from me and sitting back on his bed

He didn't answer Zak he just stared down at me lying on the floor, at this point blood was pouring from my nose and I barley felt conscious. Then we walked over to me, he slowly sat me up and warped his arm around my torso, he swung my arm around his shoulder.

"I'm gonna stand you up okay?"

He slowly lifted me up, it took everything in had in me to stand up, I let out a grunt in pain.

"It's okay" "almost there he said as we made our way down the hall into the bathroom. he slowly sat me down on the bathroom floor and propped me against the wall. I watched him search around the bathroom for a towel. as soon as he finds one he comes over to me and bends down to my level he brings the towel close to my face. The second the towel hits my face I flinch and snap my head back out of instinct.

"It's okay" he whispers "I'm not going to hurt you I just need to get your nose to stop bleeding"

He held the towel to my bleeding nose.

"Here can you hold that there?" he asks. I move my hand up to my face and hold the towel to my face as he moves his hand away. I feel him grab grab the bottom of my shirt and begin to pull it up I quickly push his hands away and scoot myself backward, out of instinct again.

"Hey, hey, hey it's alright I need to take a look at these bruises and make sure none of your ribs are broken"

I nodded my head my head as he pulled my shirt up and inspected the bruises.

"See I'm not going to hurt you swear"

I look him in the eyes, they were full of concern, and something told me I could trust him. Before I knew it it he was pulling me into a hug I tensed up under is touch, his hand was on top of one of the fresh bruises on my back.

"Ow" I whispered

"Oh I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you I wasn't thinking..."

"No it's fine" I said cutting him off.

"W-who are you?" I asked my voice was shaking, still terrified of what had happened before.

"Oh yea I'm Casey, I had to leave my other Forster home, so I was sent here. Mrs.smith told me to go upstairs to the bedroom and that's when I saw them hurting you..." He stopped talking, you can hear in his voice that he was upset.

"Oh... I'm Jamie, this is my first foster home"

"Nice to meet you"