Close to an hour later, I had pancakes, eggs, sausages, potato wedges and, fruit salads on the dining table. Pep still hadn't come down so I took my pancakes and fruit salad to the balcony to appreciate the view while I ate. I was amazed by the land space and also at the fact that the apartment wasn't as small as I had originally thought. This was the main floor but it was the second floor and her bedroom was on the third. 

"Tasheka?" Hearing my full name brought me out of the serene trance the field had put me in. The reality of where I was and who I was with came crashing down hard and fast.

"Yes, daddy?" I rested my feet back on the tiled balcony, unsure if she would be upset about me having them up on the railing. 

Pep stepped out onto the balcony and wrapped her arms around my shoulders and kissed my jaw. I wasn't able to hide the surprised look on my face - Pep genuinely surprised me with her actions every day. She was hot and cold and I had to stay conscious to ensure that I wasn't overstepping. 

"I see that you made me breakfast. I'm very grateful for that. If you want me to love you just say that." She kissed my jaw once more with a low chuckle. 

"Oh, it's nothing. You deserve it." I felt a bit free, even my shoulders relaxed.

She stepped in front of me so that I could see her full frame lean against the decorative railing. "You like my house?" Her arms were folded over her chest, she wore a white rob that matched the one I currently had on. 

So I was right, this was her place. "Yeah, I love it. Honestly, if you're the one that decorated the two locations and here then you have superb taste." I did a loud chef kiss. 

"Yeah? It was me, I did hire an interior decorator but it ended up being my designs in the end. I'm glad you do because you'll be moving in soon." Her face was lit up with pride.

My heart stopped as I felt her place another kiss on my jaw and left me alone on the balcony. I wished that the screws would come loose and I'd just fall to my death but the builders wouldn't be that negligent and that would be a hefty lawsuit. At that moment I realized that I might just miss my simple life but then I looked out at the empty field ahead of me and I realized that wasn't me anymore. Finding my happiness here meant adapting to this space, thinking about who I was before and the freedom that I had would only bring me conflict and pain. Living here definitely didn't feel like a bad thing, if anything it felt like everything I ever dreamt of. 

Even though happiness was less important than financial freedom to me right now, I still felt a bit pensive. Living with Pep would be a whole other ball field, it means being on guard 24/7 - for now, at least. What I wanted was coming faster than I had expected and I started questioning myself.

I got up and took my dishes to the kitchen. I washed up the dishes since I had already washed the utensils and pots that I used - I was a firm believer in cleaning as you go, really cuts the workload in half after you've finished eating.  I stood still in the kitchen peeping into the dining room at her, watching her scroll through her phone while eating. 

"May I have your WiFi password, please?" I was feeling a bit shy. Part of me didn't want to ask because I felt like she was going to turn me down. 

"It's on the box." She pointed towards the living room. I took a deep breath and left her in the dining room. 

It took me a good five minutes to find the box hoisted on the wall beside the fireplace. I got the password and hooked it back up. My phone started beeping as the notifications came in and I flicked the side switch to mute it. I didn't want Pep to get suspicious and yes, I was hiding the fact that Mya and I decided to work on things and also that I was talking to a girl that was interested in me and also my other friends. I didn't want her to isolate me from them and I knew how these things went. I've watched enough documentaries on abusive husbands.