REMEMBERING SUNDAY -ALL TIME LOW

Start from the beginning

Ever since you were 13 years old your parents up and left you. You were homeless for about a week when Gabe found you. He said he could help you, so being the oblivious teen, you went with him. When it was too late to get out, he had you working for him, along with a lot of other girls with cases like you. He forced you to do horrible things. Prostitution, be in porn films, and the worse, is be with guys to get information. Gabe raped you countless times, he called it “punishing” you when you misbehaved, or disagreed to something. He’s only hit you a few times, but only when you fought him.

“You’ve been here for seven years and you’ve fallen in love with someone you were assigned to. You’re so pathetic.”

He slowly trails his hands down to the button of my pants. Another sob leaves your mouth and his hands cease. An angry sigh leaves his mouth.

“I’ll punish you later when you’re calmed down.” he places the envelope on the table, and exits your apartment.

You slide down the wall, bawling. After a few minutes, you hear your phone start to ring. You can vaguely make out the caller ID.

Calum

You quickly decline the call, and cry even harder. How could you be so stupid?! Falling for a guy you were hired to get, and give information on. You were supposed to find out all of the rock stars secrets, then vanish from his life completely. But with Calum it was so different. He actually made you think you’re worth something. He made you happy, and genuinely laugh and smile, a feeling you haven’t had in years. He was the sweetest person in the whole world, and now, you’ll never see him again.

Your phone rings again, it’s Calum. You decline it, but he keeps calling. You throw your phone at the wall, and it stops ringing. Once you finally calm down you walk over to see that the screen is cracked and it won’t turn back on. You smack yourself, knowing what Gabe will do to you tonight.

Something rages through you, and you grab a pair of scissors and run to the bathroom. You stare into the mirror for a few seconds before holding up the scissors and cutting your hair extremely short. Once most of your hair is on the floor or in the sink, you run to your bedroom, grab your duffle bag from underneath your bed and start loading it with all of your things. You grab all of the money that you’ve earned and went as far from Gabe, and Calum, that you could, never seeing either of them again. 

Luke (his pov):

She’s been running through my dreams

And it’s driving me crazy, it seems

I’m going to ask her to marry me

Today’s the day. I’m going to ask Y/N to marry me. I can’t say I’m not nervous, I am, but not as nervous as people usually are. Okay, maybe that’s a lie. I’m freaking out! I’m so in love with her, it’s been driving me crazy. I dream about her every night, whether it be about her caring after our children, or just being with her. I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with her. I stare into the mirror, repeating that she’ll say yes over and over in my head. Why wouldn’t she? We’ve been together for nearly 3 years now.

“Luke?” Calum’s voice calls through the hotel room.

“Yea?” I walk out into the kitchen, to see him and the other boys.

“There’s only a fifteen minutes until you have to pick her up. When should we head?” Ashton asks.

“Well, we’re going to eat, then I’ll take her on a walk to the park, so an hour. Make sure you haveeverything perfect. I don’t wanna mess this up.”

“You won’t me it up, but us on the other hand, I can’t promise anything.” Michael laughs

I send him a glare, and he puts his hands up defensively.

“It was a joke, everything will be fine!” He smiles genuinely at me.

I nod, “Thanks guys, I’m gonna go take a walk, then pick her up. The park in a hour, don’t be late!” I yell as I walk out the door.

*1 HOUR LATER*

“Luke, are you okay? You’ve been all fidgety all night.” Y/N looks over at me from across the table, a worried look etched on her face.

“I’m f-fine. Is your food cold? I-I could call for the chef and get you a new plate?”

“No Luke, the food is fine, I’m full. Are you really okay?”

“Lets go for a walk, yea?” I change the subject and stand up, and put the money down for the check, then wipe off my hands on my pants.

Y/N follows me and laces her fingers with mine. We walk in silence for a few minutes, until we reach the park. 

"What the?" she see’s a white paper taped onto a tree.

She lets go of my hand and grabs the white paper, while reading it a smile forms on her face.

"What’s this for?" she questions, the smile still prominent on her face. 

"Lets keep walking." I smile back at her, and grab her hand. 

We continue walking, but every few tree’s we stop so she can read another love note I spent hours writing. Eventually we get to where the love letters end, and Calum stands there with a big paper that says ‘Will’ along with a goofy grin plastered on his face. Y/N looks up at me with a confused face, but I just smile down at her, squeeze her hand, then continue walking. After a few yards we see Michael holding a card that says ‘You’ he has the same expression as Calum. This time I don’t even look at Y/N, because I’m getting extremely nervous. Another few yards and we see Ashton who has the 'Marry' sign. Y/N’s hand drops from mine, and goes to her mouth. I let out a shaky breath, and turn to see her, seeing the boys behind me, Calum recording it. 

I pull out a piece of paper from my pocket and unfold it. Written in careful letters, 'Me?'  I can see Y/N’s eyes go huge, and start to fill with tears. I start to panic, I look at the guys frantically. They’re all giving me encouraging looks, and Michael is mouthing 'She's being a girl!' I suppress a laugh. I get down on one knee, and fold up the paper, grabbing the ring box from my pocket.

"Y/N, I am so in love with you, it’s crazy. I can’t imagine my life without you in it. I love your eyes, and they way you crinkle them when you laugh, I love your laugh, especially when your snort." I grin when I see her turn red. "I love your eyes, and your hair, I love your personality, and how down to earth you are. I love how much you love me. Y/N Y/M/N Y/L/N will you marry me?" 

"Yes!" she screeches swiftly, and tackles me into a hug.Once we part, I slide the ring on her finger. 

"I love you so much." I whisper with my forehead against hers.

"I love you too." she whispers back.