Chapter 11

I walked down the packed hallways. Everything seemed normal. Everyone looked normal, acted normal. Everything was normal. Though, she knew that normal won't remain as it is -anymore.

I reached my locker and spun the combination in. Everything isn't going to be normal anymore, everything isn't going to be like it used to be. My fantasies of the existence of magic came true and it's coming to take my life.

Magic isn't like the stories books I've read when I was little. Magic is a lot more dangerous than she though and it comes in a handsome, young, albino-boy package. Wait. Did I just said handsome?

I slam my locker shut.

"Good morning."

Speak of the devil.

"Good morning." I replied shortly after.

"You're late."

"I'm sorry?"

"Don't be. I guess i's normal for people ---"

"No! I mean, I'm not late." I glaced down to my watch - make sure. "At least, I think I'm not late."

"Well, you are to me. I got here at five thirty and you've just arrived. I took a nap -on top of the lockers. He mumbled the last part.

"Wait. What?" Did I heard that right?

He shrugged. "I guess it's a habit of mine to come early and all. Plus, it-"

"Hold it. You took a nap on top of the lockers?" I raised my hand towards the top of the lockers.

"Oh." He followed my hand. "Yeah, I did" He said with a straight face.

"Why?" On the lockers?! This dude is obviously insane.

"People will stare if I sleep on the floor."

"And people won't, if it's on the lockers?"

He shrugged. "For me... no. For others-" He paused for a moment before answering. "Maybe. I just woke up, by the way." He held up a hand. "So, don't ask me too much questions"

I looked at him. "You frustrate me, Noah." I said before noticing that he still wore the same clothes he wore yesterday. The only difference was the t-shirt, he wore a red one today with fading purple at the bottom.

"Don't you change?" I asked. We began to walk towards our class.

"Huh?" He answered in between yawns.

"Your clothes. Don't you change them."

"I did"

"But, they look just the same from yesterday -minus the t-shirt."

"I have two of these." He gestured to his uniform. "You don't expect me to wear something that's bloodstained, do you?"

I shrugged. "Of course not, don't be stupid. I'm not interested to see the school in havoc or at least I don't want to be in it when that happens."

I could fell Noah grinning beside me. "So you won't care if the school suddenly fall apart?"

I turned to him, not amused. "Don't make me slap you." I muttered.

"Don't make me kiss you." He countered giving a mockingly-warm smile.

I immediately turn away, feeling my cheeks heat up. "Bastard." I muttered, hearing him laugh afterward.

"Can I have my hat back?" He asked after a few seconds of silents.

"No." I answered bluntly.

"But-"

"Good morning!" A voice with a distant Italian accent called out from a distance, interrupting Noah. Both me and Noah stopped and turned to the source -which I already knew who's. Sunny was walking towards us, smiling and waving a lot more cheerful then she used to.

Noah took the opportunity to snatch his hat from my head. I shot him a glare -which he ignored.

"Look at you two~ Just like an old married couple." She said with a smirk once she got close enough.

My face went red again and Noah just stood there smiling like that's something people often say to him. Sunny held her book to her chest, smiling at the reaction she's receiving.

"So, what happened that made you two suddenly so close." She continued when we started walking again.

"We're not that close"

"Things."

We said at the same time. I turned to Noah in alarm, but he just reacted with wearing his hat. Stop acting so casual! I wanted to yell at him so much right now.

"Uh-huh." Sunny nodded, eyeing us suspiciously before shrugging it off.