Kaisoo pt. 2

I'm in a great mood, so while it lasts; I posted two chapters. This one and a new Chanbaek one

It was a short though intimate relationship; barely lasted a year, and yet it was full of meaningful moments. Kai turned protective around Kyungsoo, but also let his guard down when they were alone. He cherished every kiss, everytime they would touch Jongdae would savour it. The break up wasn't dramatic; just a mix of stress, exhaustion and anxiety at the idea of the public finding out.

Now Kai and Jennie released the news to the public, and everyone was surprisingly supportive. Everyone seemed to cheer for them, and the two groups were surprised to see Blinks and EXO-L's joining forces.

Kyungsoo smiled to himself at the thought of a possible collaboration. EXO and Blackpink were now in touch, and getting closer; heck, Kyungsoo was just with Jisoo at the grocery store. Sadly, her manager called and demanded her to come back, so she had to leave early. Imagine being treated so harshly? Kyungsoo shook his head at the thought as he opened the door to EXO's apartment, only to find-

"WHAT THE HELL?" Kyungsoo screamed, slamming his hands over his eyes. "KIM JONGIN EXPLAIN YOURSELF!"

Kai jumped up, ears turning red as Jennie brought her shirt down. She immediately turned worried and stood, wincing.

"Wait, wait, it's not what it looks like!" She sputtered, stammering as she held up a hand. "He and I- I just- it was a dancing routine-"

"With no clothing?" Kyungsoo shrieked. "Kai I litterally called you and told you I was coming- no, that's it, don't bother explaining, who am I kidding-"

Kyungsoo tossed all the groceries to the floor and stormed down the hall. He heard Kai run out and call for him, but Kyungsoo walked into an elevator and jabbed at the buttons.

"Kyungsoo," Kai gasped as he ran towards the elevator. "Kyungsoo no-"

The doors shut and Kyungsoo leaned against the wall, tears welling up in his eyes. How dare he. Kai knew how much the break up hurt him; he did this on purpose, he had to. He walked out the elevator, tears streaming down his face as he walked outside, wiping at his face. He didn't even know where he was going, or where he was- he blocked out any sound, he wasn't paying attention.

So it took him by surprise when two strong arms wrapped around him and yanked him back.

"Who the fu-"

A car screeched past him, the yell drowned out by the roar of the engine. Kyungsoo's mouth slowly closed, heart pounding.

He was nearly hit. That car nearly hit him.

"Th-Thank you sir-" Kyungsoo glanced up, only to stiffen. Sure enough, it was Jongin- and he looked terrified.

"Oh my god," he gasped. "Oh my god, it nearly hit you, what if I didn't run..."

Kai turned Kyungsoo to him and crushed the smaller male in a hug, shuddering breaths gasping for air. Kyungsoo hugged back after a minute, realizing how scared Jongin was.

"Shh, it's alright, I'm alright," Kyungsoo whispered, reassuring the younger one.

"She fell."

Kyungsoo frowned, grabbing Jongin's shoulders and gently pushing him away. "What?"

"She fell- she was teaching me her choreography when she tripped and hit her side on the coffee table. I had to clean the wound." Kai explained through shattering teeth. Kyungsoo noticed and quickly took off his scarf, wrapping it around Kai's throat.

"Kyungsoo," Kai suddenly mumbled, grabbing his hand. "You'll be cold, stop."

Kyungsoo gave a laugh, shaking his head. "You dumbass... I'm older."

"You're more precious."

"As if."

"No duh!"

"Kai, you're too-"

"I'm not cute."

"Say that again and you won't be cuddling with me for another week."

Kai gasped, doing his best to look offended. "How dare you!"

Kyungsoo laughed, cuddling up to Kai playfully. Kai hugged him tightly, kissing his head. A sudden fit of giggles caused them both to look up. Jennie stood there, giggling adorably.

"You dummy, why are you dating me?" She laughed, walking up and pinching Kai's cheek. "You and Kyungsoo are made for each other!"

"Wh-What?" Kai stammered, taken by surprise.

"Come on," Jennie sighed, giving him a look. "You guys love each other, and that's final. You should be together."

"B-But," Kyungsoo shook his head, eyes wide. "The fans-"

"Don't have to know!" Jennie shrugged. "Come on, Kyungsoo, you love this teddy bear! Your band is supportive, and so is Blackpink! Now are y'all gonna date or what?"

Kyungsoo flushed, hating how Jennie read him like a book. Kai brought his chin up, raising an eyebrow.

"Kyungsoo?"

A sigh. "Yes?"

"I love you."

Kyungsoo blushed furiously, smacking Kai's shoulder gently. "I love you too, teddy bear."

"Now kiss!" Jennie giggled, clapping. Kyungsoo gave her his famous 'Seriously?' look, but Kai gladly fulfilled her wish and pressed his lips against Kyungsoo's.

"Yay!" She cheered as they shared the first, proper kiss of 2019. "Now, let's go back inside; we need to figure out if Chanyeol is into Rosé or not."

"I can confirm," Kai said as they began walking back, one hand grabbing Jennie's and the other Kyungsoo's.

"And I'm pretty sure Sehun has eyes for Lisa." Jennie admitted.

"Yeah, uh..." Kai gave a giggle. "He's pretty much gay. Like, to the bone."

Jennie coughed. "Uh, about that... Lisa's more into Jisoo than any other guy she's met."

Kyungsoo gave her a wide eyed look. "No way."

"Way."

"Wow," Kyungsoo gawked. "That actually explains a lot."

All three burst out laughing as they made their way inside. It came as a surprise to find both Blackpink and EXO waiting for them there, takeout and beer all over the tables. They were greeted with warmth and cheers. Everyone ended up having a great time; Chanyeol and Rosé enthusiastically talked about a duet, Baekhyun and Jisoo ended up acting like toddlers and Sehun had a great chat with Lisa as the rest had conversations about who knows what. Kyungsoo and Kai especially had the best, most relaxed conversation they had in a while.

Everything was in place. Everything was perfect.