Chenmin

"You know what, just live in your pretty girlfriend's house! " She screamed, throwing his already packed suitcases at his feet. Chen winced as it caught his foot, but she wasn't done.

"That hurt, huh? Well, my heart hurts even more!" She wailed. Chen picked up his stuff, seething silently. He swung the bag onto his shoulder, grabbed the suitcase and began walking off.

"Yeah, that's right, go to your little slut-"

"I'M GAY!" 

Silence. The woman stood there, in shock as Chen turned and began walking away. Chen didn't stop his fast pace away from the toxic woman, not even to go down with the elevator- he threw his suitcase down the stairs, and dragged it down a few blocks until he couldn't walk anymore. He collapsed on the curb, gasping as sweat dripped down his temple. He sat there, head in hands, and silently began to cry. He was so screwed; no home, barely any money, family simply not an option-

"Um, excuse me..."

Chen didn't bother looking up- he didn't want to deal with another girl.

"Sorry, but... um, I'm kinda... sweeping the sidewalk..." The person nervously murmured. Chen glared up, only to stare.

Oh. Boy.

"Oh no, why are you crying?" The guy asked, snapping Chen out of his ogling. The cute man abandoned his broom and sat next to Chen, eyes shining with worry.

"It's nothing, I'm OK," Chen mumbled, pulling his sleeve up and wiping at his cheeks. "I just don't have anyplace to stay for... the time being."

"Oh, no, that's not good. Hm..." The young man bit his lip, thinking. "How about you come into my coffee shop, I'll make you an expresso -my treat, don't worry- and we'll see what we can do?"

Chen blinked in surprise, then let out a grateful smile. "Yeah... that'll be awesome."

The boy handed Chen a napkin and held out a hand. "Xiumin."

Chen took the cloth and shook his outstretched palm. "Chen."

The short boy pulled Chen up with startling force. His muscles rippled under his uniform, and Chen blinked in surprise.

"Come along- I have today's newspaper, there are people looking for roommates on the third page."

"Awesome! Thank you so much." Chen breathed a sigh of relief, getting his suitcase. The boy grabbed his duffel bag and swung it over his shoulder, giving a breezy grin that made Chen's heart flutter. 

"No probs- besides, how hard can it be?"

* * *

"Well," Xiumin murmured tiredly as Chen banged his head against the table. "A little harder than I thought."

After an entire day of looking through a week's worth of papers and calling everyone, all their options were either too expensive, already found someone or in general too... weird. (dangerous, creepy, just a full-on no factor at some) Xiumin even tried all the other papers from the past weeks, but they found no one. The sun was now going down, and in thirty minutes Xiumin would have to close the shop. 

"I'm screwed," Chen gasped, hyperventilating slightly. "I have absolutely no place to stay- no, you know what, I'll just be homeless."

"Hey, no! I won't allow it!" Xiumin shook Chen's shoulder and the man looked up with scared eyes.

"I don't want to, but what choice do I have?"

"Me."

Chen's eyes widened so much the scared tears came pouring out. Xiumin panicked at the sight and started blabbering.

"N-No, don't worry, we'll think of something else! Um, um... crap... oh, the- t-the shop is safe, but I don't think it'll be comfortable to sleep-"

Chen grabbed Xiumin's face, cutting the man short. Chen stared into his beautiful brown eyes and pulled him into a hug. Xiumin hugged back, confused.

"So... is that a-"

"Thank you," Chen murmured, tears soaking Xiumin's uniform. "You saved me."

Xiumin gave a soft smile and rested his cheek against Chen's soft hair, strong arms holding him safely against his chest. They stayed like that for a while, Chen's rapidly beating heart calming down. Xiumin ended up driving his new roommate to his studio apartment, unable to quit glancing at a sleeping Chen in the passenger seat. What a cutie.

A few months later...

"Chen, I'm home- OH, MY GOD!"

Xiumin jumped and quickly covered his eyes as Chen and... a guy jumped apart. Chen jumped up, shirtless and hair ruffled- and now panicking.

"X-Xiumin, I-I-I- Chanyeol was just- We were-"

"Hello... sir..." Xiumin sighed, peeking through his fingers. "Mind if you leave us?"

"Of course, I'm very sorry." The seemingly young man bowed deeply. Xiumin couldn't help but leak a smile.

"It's alright, it wasn't your fault I left early."

Chen was still shuddering but nodded at the boy. Chanyeol quickly slipped his shirt on, gave Chen's cheek a kiss before bowing a final time to Xiumin and leaving. The two were silent as they heard his footsteps walk off until the door shut softly. Chen clutched his shirt, but his hands shook too much and he gave up on trying to put it on. 

Xiumin gave a sigh, rubbing his eyebrow. "Well-"

"I'm so, so sorry," Chen blurted, panicking again. "I swear I didn't know you were coming, it's just a one-time thing, we're not-"

"Dating?"

"Yes! I mean no- wait, no, we're not dating. But yes, that was a one-time thing."

"Thank goodness," Xiumin breathed, loosening his tie. Chen stared, only to bury his face in his hands.

"Chen?" Xiumin walked up and took his jacket off, frowning. "What's wrong?"

Little sobs came from the younger, and Xiumin's frown deepened. He brought Chen's hands away to see he had burst into tears, and he seemed to cower slightly.

"I-I'm sorry," He blubbered. "Please, please don't hate me, I won't ever talk about my sexuality or bring any more guys-"

Xiumin's lips met his, pulling him closer. Chen froze, hands still being held by Xiumin's. The elder slowly lets them go, only to wrap his arms around Chen's shoulders. Chen slowly closed his eyes, bringing Xiumin closer. Xiumin brought them to the couch, allowing Chen to crawl on top of him. The two were locked together for a good fifteen minutes before having to part for air. They gasped lightly but were both gazing in each other's eyes. Xiumin pecked Chen's nose and the younger giggled slightly.

"You don't hate me?"

"Nope. The opposite actually- I'm head over heels for you."

Chen giggled and snuggled up to his muscled chest. "So... no other guys for sure."

"Yes. And you're mine, forever."

Chen grinned wider and hugged his new boyfriend tightly. "I can totally live with that."