Sulay pt. 1

"You've got to be kidding me, honestly... Junmyeon?" Yixing sighed, watching his boyfriend typing at his computer. "I leave for a business trip tomorrow, and you're working."

"Well, do you want us to lose the apartment?" Junmyeon muttered, eyes scanning the screen. "Let me work for a bit- in silence."

Yixing crossed his arms, only to get an idea. He crawled up, gently kissing Junmyeon's neck and tracing down his back.

Just like he likes, Yixing thought smugly, ready for Junmyeon to melt. So when he got an elbow to the ribs, he was more than breathless.

"What-" Yixing coughed weakly, rubbing his chest. "What was that?"

"Knock off, would you?" Junmyeon shot a frown over his shoulder. "I applaud your attempt, but it was for nothing. Now I'm sure you have packing to do for that business trip."

Yixing watched with a hurt expression as Junmyeon turned back to his computer, shaking his head slightly. As the man walked to the door, he turned around and tightly crossed his arms.

"I love you!"

"Sure."

Yixing gave a heartbroken sigh as he walked out the shared bedroom with a hitch in his throat and a tear in his eye.

Suho woke up the next morning with all of Yixing's belongings gone and a letter on their old coffee table.

It's over, Suho. You don't love me anymore, and you'd rather have your company giving you a warm welcome home than me. I'm not even sorry- you know this is true. Goodbye.

* * *

"Enough," Kyungsoo murmured, pulling the bottle of scotch away. "Come on Junmyeon, I'm sure you saw it coming."

Junmyeon glanced up, eyes red and sore. He reached over and grabbed a bottle of vodka instead.

"Will this kill me quicker?" Junmyeon asked, trying to unscrew it. Kyungsoo smirked and pulled it away. The heartbroken man rested his face on the counter, tears streaming down his face. The chef couldn't help but sigh sympathetically as one of his oldest friends broke down in front of him.

"Is it my fault I wanted to get him a puppy?" Junmyeon murmured, weeping quietly. "Is it my fault I was saving up for a honeymoon?"

"Come on Junmyeon," Kyungsoo sighed, only to perk up slightly. He silently pulled out his phone and frowned, rolling his eyes.

"Sorry, Jongin is all up my-" he sniffed, shaking his head. "But why did Yixing even matter to you so much?"

And the drunk man began the story of his relationship with Yixing. He babbled on about how they met, how anxious he was when Yixing told him about his illness, how he spent so much on his baby boy he silently worked way into the night to make sure Yixing didn't have to worry about any bills. Kyungsoo nodded along, holding the phone at his chest as Junmyeon talked on and on.

"And his voice, man," Junmyeon sighed dreamily, tracing on the counter. "I could listen to it all day... and he writes lyrics, Kyungsoo, all on his own..."

He trailed off, getting emotional again.  This time his voice came out in a whisper, voice cracking from the onslaught of emotions.

"If I could do it all over again, I would've never taken the position of COO. He's more important than money, he... he loved me, for some reason."

Kyungsoo glanced up from his phone, feeling his heart pound. "How about this- it's karaoke night tomorrow, and a Friday. Come over and sing something, you know the locals love you."

Suho glanced up, resting his head in his hands with a heavy sigh. But when he saw Kyungsoo's encouraging smile, he ended up nodding.

"Alright, fine." He shakily held up a pinky, hiccuping slightly. "One. Song. And I get all the wine I want."