Chapter 14《Who's he?》

>>>>>>>>>•°•°•°•°•<<<<<<<<<

Julie's POV

"You see I told you it's sticky," Kendal said, releasing my hand from his.

"How did it get so sticky?" I asked.

"Cotton candy, duh."

"We all took some. Why is it just you?"

"Uhm..." He looked around until he yelled, "let's go ride that!"

I turned around to see the ferries wheel, lighted with bright white lights that complemented the darkness of the sky and the other lights from tents.

"Sure." I eyed him suspiciously.

We went over to the ferries wheel and stayed on the line to the ride. After a while, it was our turn to go on.

"Make sure to hold onto the bar when you begin to move." A man ushered us to the ride.

We got in and latched the bar over us. As the man had instructed, we held onto the bar as it jolted into motion.

The ride was slow and simultaneously exhilarating. From the top of the ride, we could see within a 20-mile radius and the people looked so tiny from that height.

"So..."

"So..." I replied.

Silence engulfed us for a moment before I broke it off when a thought came to my mind, "You must've been hurt when Jennifer cheated on you. I've felt that before."

"I was actually," he breathed, "but I wasn't surprised. That wasn't the first time. What hurt the most was that it was with one of my friends."

He looked at me, "I guess that was why you and your ex broke up."

"Yeah and it still hurts." I felt a pang in my chest.

"Why does it still hurt?" he asked. I turned to him with a risen brow.

"I mean, do you still love him? A saying goes, 'If it still hurts, it matters." So does it still matter?"

When he asked, I was speechless.

Does it still matter?

Do I still love him?

No! No I don't!

I looked at Kendal in the eye and gave him a firm answer, "No."

A smile tugged on his lips, "Well, that's good."

"I guess it is." I smiled.

"When do you think you'll be ready for another relationship?" he asked.

I looked away. "Honestly, I don't know. When the right guy comes, I will be able to tell then."

"Cool." He nodded.

"When do you think 'you' will be ready for a relationship?" I averted the question to him.

"I am ready now."

I furrowed my brows at him, "but you just broke up with Jennifer like a month ago..."

"Should I be honest with you?" he looked at me.

"Sure."

"That was the third time Jennifer cheated on me." I gasped.

"Yeah and after the second time, we were not the same again and it felt we couldn't return to the way we used to be."

"Then why didn't you guys break up?"