Chapter 13《Carnival》

>>>>>>>>>>>▪○□●□○▪<<<<<<<<<

Julie's POV

I went home immediately and collapsed on the couch. Tears continued to rain down my face as the memories replayed in my head.

I didn't want to cry over him again. I had cried over him enough and he didn't deserve more.

I received another call from Kendal, in addition to the sixteen ones I had from him, and ignored it like the rest.

I finally stopped crying and mustered the courage to call Kendal back to relieve him of his worry. As I picked my phone, Stella called me.

I swiped accept and said, "Hello?"

"Julie! Where the heck are you? You just disappeared from school!" she yelled.

"I'm at home," I muttered.

"Why did you leave like that?" she questioned in a loud voice.

"Because school was over," I responded.

"You know what I mean, smartass."

"Look, Stella, I'm exhausted. I'll call you later." I said as I hung up.

Stella's POV

"But-"

Beep.

"What the heck is going on?" I muttered to myself. Leaning on my car, I stood, thinking of what to do.

"I should go to her house."

I turned around and I was about to enter my car when I spotted Kendal ambulating towards my car.

"Stella, have you perhaps seen Julie?"

"I just called her; she said she's at home," I informed.

"Oh, okay." For a moment, I saw guilt flash through his eyes.

"What happened in the library? She seemed fine when I last saw her." I raised my brow as I saw him fidgeting.

"Uhm... I asked her a question, I think may have brought back bad memories," he confessed.

"Okay... what did you ask?" I questioned. I instantly folded my arms and laid back on my car, awaiting his response.

"Uhm... I kinda asked her why she and her ex-boyfriend broke up."

"You what?" I yelled. I shot up and released my arms. I could feel anger rising.

"What the heck is wrong with you?" I bellowed.

"I didn't know. I just wanted to know more about her," he breathed, "and I completely screwed up."

"Yes, you did!"

I looked at him and saw regret all over him and I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. He knew nothing about what happened and he didn't deserve to beat himself so much about it.

Then I let out a loud breath.

"It's fine. Let me just go over to her house and see her."

"Can I come with you?" he shot up with hope in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, you can't. I need to talk to her alone." I shook my head.

"Okay," he let out a breath, "I understand."

"Thanks," I said, turning around and entering the car.

I immediately took off and didn't look back.