Chapter 4《Spy?》

>>>>>>>>>>•○▪□▪□▪○<<<<<<<<<<

Julie's POV

Stella and I were heading home after a day of intense learning and vigorous P.E exercises. Through the remaining hours and even until that time, I couldn't forget that man.

Why was he there?

What does he want from me?

As I opened the door to the passenger seat, I got that same feeling I was being watched.

I turned my head in different directions but saw students chatting and laughing around their cars instead.

Is this paranoia?

"Julie," she said, trying to get my attention. My attention was still on the hormone-filled teenagers that roamed the parking lot of my school.

"Huh," I said mindlessly, my eyes still searching the place.

"What's going on?" she asked.

"I feel like I'm being watched," I whispered, entering the car.

"What do you mean?" she asked, surprised by my observations.

"I mean, I think I'm being watched," I said a bit louder than before.

"Maybe it's in your head," she hedged.

"But, it's really disturbing," I said, recalling the man I saw.

"You're right... it's all in my head," I said shaking off the feeling, closing the door. Maybe he was waiting for someone or looking for a person.

It could happen.

We were in my driveway way and that same feeling was still there. I checked everywhere, but no one yet again. This is getting out of hand.

"Could you come over later today? I need you to help me pick an outfit for tomorrow," Stella asked, drawing me from my thoughts.

"I would love to." I turned to her and smiled.

"Thanks, you're the best." she smiled.

"I know right?" I bragged.

"Cocky much?" she grimaced.

I laughed and waved goodbye.

"Bye." she laughed, pulling out of my driveway.

Walking to my front door, I heard something like a twig snap, across the street. I turned around and saw nothing but moving leaves.

I entered my house quickly and jammed it shut. I relaxed my back on the metallic frame and placed my hand on my chest. My heartfelt like it would jump right out of my chest in no time.

Since my mom wasn't home yet, I turned around quickly and locked the door, then sped upstairs to my room before I could think back.

Looking outside the window and seeing my mom's car entering the driveway made me so ecstatic, that I threw my bag on the floor and ran as fast as I could, jumped like half of the stairs, and raced to unlock the door.

Opening the door, I rushed to her side. She had a surprised expression on her face as I pulled her into the house.

"What happened?" My mom asked, trying to stabilize her steps.

"Let's get in first," I said going through the door and locking it behind me.

"Now would you tell me what happened?" She asked walking to the couch, sitting, and keeping her bag beside her.