10:Feelings

Start from the beginning

Neji Hyuga.

He lost his life trying to save Naruto and Hinata from the Ten-Tails attack, during the 4th shinobi world War. He gave his life, protecting those he held precious to his heart. His friends, family and loved ones. And in his sacrifice, he saved Hinata.

And ever since coming back to the Leaf Village, Hinata felt like she had an obligation to visit him. It felt wrong to be in the same village after four years and not visit him once, even when she was so close to him. So today, since the sun was shining and the weather was perfect, all of her daily chores and practices had been completed, she decided it was time she went to see her beloved cousin.

She sat in her room, about to be dressed. Even though she hadn't seen Sasuke since that night, he had been making sure she was being given the best treatment and living conditions. Before her, layed a dark black Furisode, made from the finest silk in the entire land of fire. Hinata ran her hand over the luxurious outfit feeling the embroidery and the skill of the tailors who made this.
But, just seeing the dress made her smile again. And only because it reminded her of how Sasuke was making her feel important.

Putting on her dress, she stared at herself in the mirror and she actually thought she looked pretty. Even though the scar on her face was clearly visible, she still didn't feel bad about it. And that was clearly a step in the right direction for Hinata. She didn't put any make up on her face, she was naturally so beautiful that she didn't need anything else. Letting her hair fall, they were reaching her waist, and her bangs covered her forehead. She looked at herself one last time and with a deep breath she headed for the exit of the house.

"Don't be afraid Hinata. This is your home".

Telling herself this over and over, like a mantra, she opened the door to the exit and with bravery she took a step outside. As soon as she took a step outside, within a moments notice, she was surrounded by multiple samurai's who immediately got on their knees.

"Lady Hinata, are you going somewhere" One of them asks keeping his gaze on the ground. The people working under Sasuke, stuck close to their orders, one of them being, never to look The Hyuga princess in her eyes. Hinata was slightly overwhelmed by seeing how many men were on their knees before her, but she realized that, they must be doing their jobs of protecting her. And even though she had gotten her strength back in these past days, she had been restoring her Chakra, gradually ever since Sasuke brought her back and fortunately, for Hinata, she could feel like she didn't need any extra protection now. But Sasuke still kept an intense security detail on her, all the time.

"I am going to visit someone, and I'd like to be left alone for a little while" Hinata says to the samurai in a polite and soft tone. And the men immediately lay down their heads after hearing her order.

"As you wish, M'lady. But please, stay within the Village boundaries, oth--" The samurai is speaking but Hinata cuts him off.

"Please tell Uchiha-Sama that I'm not going to try and run away. I just want to visit someone very dear to me" Hinata says with a small smile on her face, not stuttering even a little bit.

"Very well. Please, be careful" The samurai says heeding her words, and in the blink of an eye they all immediately disappear from her eyes.

Hinata slowly starts to walk in the direction of the Leaf Village graveyard. She was a little nervous walking through the village, wondering what the villagers will think of her. But then again, she remembered the words Sasuke said to her. To not worry about anything anyone says about her or her looks. Just thinking about his reassuring words make her feel better.