23; Love you so mad, love you so bad

Start from the beginning

How is he supposed to tell her that he answered her call? The call that was never meant to exist. Jeongguk isn't ready to jump into another war, another love triangle but good lord, he already has.

Denial is never one's best friend but seems like they both keep it close to each other rather than being close to each other. Their lips are sealed, but their hearts are screaming with a painful ache. Wish they could scream out to tell each other, how badly and madly they are into each other. They are not afraid to show the love they have but afraid to feel the feeling again. It's complicated, but things are always complicated when in love.

He breathes in and brings the bottle close to his lips, only to chug it down in one go. Taehyung side glances at Jeongguk's way when he and Nikki are talking. "Slow down, boy!" He says to him in a serious tone but the younger male isn't in the mood of having any lecture from him.

Jeongguk turns around to take another bottle of beer but Hoseok voice suddenly stops him in track. "Are you guys enjoying without me here, hmm?" Hoseok says, walking towards Taehyung as he places a soft kiss against his temple.

Taehyung giggles and wraps an arm around his boyfriend. "You really don't want to know what I saw," He says, staring at Jeongguk who just rolls his eyes after his words.

Hoseok frowns, "Come on, tell me? What were you guys doing here?"

Nikki clears her throat, grabbing Hoseok's attention. "We were catching up, nothing big," She smiles at him to which he nods. "Alright then, I need to borrow these boys from your Nikki-ah," He announces, catching the other two off guard.

Jeongguk is the first one to ask why. "Jimin is super drunk. Don't worry, a happy one!" Hoseok giggles, pressing himself into Taehyung as he is not quite sober himself. "He has called all the dudes in his bedroom to have little man talk!"

Taehyung grins huge and his eyes widen with excitement as he clings more into hoseok. "Aye! Are we having gang bang bang bang!" He says in a teasing tone, leaving Hoseok absolutely flustered. Nikki shakes her head, diverting her gaze to the boy standing slightly far from her now. She doesn't understand why Jeongguk has been keeping a distance from her and she won't let him go without knowing the truth, tonight.

She instantly looks at the couple standing beside her. With a small smile, Nikki speaks, "Hobi, please take Tae with you. I need to have quick chat with Jeongguk,"

Jeongguk's ears immediately perk up, hearing his name coming out of her mouth. He always loved the way, his name rolled off her tongue so smoothly but is there a point to his feelings, his emotions. He doesn't want to be left alone for the second time. He doesn't want to be rejected for the second time.

Nikki sighs, keeping the distance between her and Jeongguk. Earlier, she tried to get close but Jeongguk seems to not like it. May be because Taehyung was present at that moment. But now that they are alone, though how can two people ever be alone.

"What is going on with you?" Nikki blurts put her long awaited question without beating around the bush. She is tired of texting, and calling him. She hates being avoided, especially when it comes to someone she really needs

Jeongguk doesn't instantly look at her way. His eyes fix on the floor as millions of thoughts runs across his head. Should he tell the truth? Should he tell her, how scared he is to lose her? How funny he feels because he hasn't even been successful in making her his own.

"Nothing, I'm just a little high and tired, i guess," Jeongguk answers, plainly.

Upon hearing his response, Nikki couldn't control the fuming anger and boiling blood. How can he test her patience like this? Act like he is doing absolutely nothing, when he is ignoring her since that night. She is disappointed but not surprised. It's not like she hasn't pushed him away. But being pushed away is something new to her. And she doesn't like that one bit.

Her arms across against her chest as she speaks in a taunting way. "Oh yeah? You were not tired when you were sucking my mouth,"

His head snap at her direction right after the venom filled words spit out of her mouth. Their eyes meet, both filled with need, void and unexpectedly fear. "Are you trying to imply something you shouldn't?" Jeongguk says in a tone he has never talked to her. He sounds pissed and angry for some reason but Nikki doesn't know what!

"Don't play dumb with me, Jeon!" Nikki scoffs, getting up from the kitchen still she has been setting for a while. She walks closer to him and pulls forward by fisting her sweatshirt tightly in her palm. Jeongguk is taken aback for a second due to her sudden actions. This isn't something, he expected. "Next time, use your mouth to kiss me when you are ready to use your mouth to talk to me." She snaps, pushing him back and walking away from me.

Jeongguk throws a hard punch on the marble kitchen bar with a loud groan, filling the now empty space. He wants to scream and tell the world, what he feels inside. He wishes to tell Nikki, everything, but the fear of losing her is so overpowering that he is almost forgetting by pushing her away, he won't be able to keep her close for long.

Is he making a mistake by obsessing over Nikki so much? Love can make worthless things beautiful. When someone is in love, they don't see anything with their eyes but with their minds. This is why paintings of Cupid, the god of love, always show him blind. Love doesn't have good judgement either, so people are bound to be reckless and hasty. Love is like a child because it's supposed to make mistakes and bad choices.

How are they going to fight for love when they can't fight their own inner conflicts?