25; No good for him

CHAPTER 25

-

There is a storm preparing itself to destroy everything with it. However, the storm isn't around or in the outside world, but it's within two people who are now standing face to face with each other. Jeongguk doesn't know how to start the conversation, he has gotten successful in ignoring her. And Nikki isn't sure where to start the conversation from as she has gotten successful in escaping all the questions.

Their heart is always searching for something. They both know, they both are each other's home. But life cannot be fair to two people who are twisted in their own ways. Even if they find their own paradise in order to bring both paradise together they have to wait for a little while.

"What was that all about?" Jeongguk says breaking the thick layer of silence and awkwardness, growing around them rapidly. She sighs loudly, looking away from him. Nikki doesn't really feel like telling him the truth, but what should she even tell him. She doesn't even know what she is feeling for Jeongguk at this moment.

She is helpless, and Jeongguk wants to help her.

"Are you really gonna stand there without uttering a word?" He says again, but this time the tone is a little higher than the first time. Nikki looks at him, "I wanted to see you," she admits the truth.

His heart skips a beat, not literally but he feels the blood rushing up to his cheeks as this wasn't the answer he was expecting. Plus, this isn't the actual answer the his question. Jeongguk is caught off guard.

"Pardon?" Jeongguk suddenly says, furrowing his brows.

Nikki smirks but quickly hides it behind a sneaky smile. She is a pro at making people flustered but with Jeongguk, half of the time she is flustered or embarrassed or simply confused.

"Are you hungry?" She quickly pops up another question. Jeongguk looks at her with a confused gaze. Is she trying to change the subject? Maybe, who knows?

Jeongguk sighs, "That's not the answer to my question, Nikki,"

She nods, understanding his words. "Alright, have lunch with me and we'll talk about it," Jeongguk stares at her, dumbfounded. He doesn't understand how to say no, when he is dying inside to spend time with her. However, he is not ready to break the strong self he has clearly built. He wants answers and he will do anything to get them.

"Fine! I'll have lunch with you because I'm hungry and I want to know all the answers," Jeongguk says, stepping towards her. He traps her between him and the car. "No more running away from me. I'm not your boy toy, Park Nikki."

She lifts her one brow completely amazed by his words. Nikki is slightly hurt by the choice of his words, but won't blame him as she has done a few things to put this doubt in his head. Jeongguk is clearly not her boy toy, he is certainly more than that. Its just, when you are deeply broken, it takes time to fix yourself and then except the new love you receive.

She moves forward not breaking the eye contact, neither Jeongguk moved away. Both lost into each other's eyes. "You're much more than just my boy toy, Jeon Jeongguk."

Jeongguk gulps down his throat harshly, trying so hard not to kiss her. When he looks into her eyes, he feels good. He feels everything is alright, when it's not. That's the power of love. The distance, distance is something that can make you do a lot of good things and bad things. Obviously, he has been going crazy to touch her, kiss her, but she asked him not to do so.