23; Love you so mad, love you so bad

CHAPTER 23

"It's a kitchen! Not your fucking bedroom, Jeon Jeongguk," Taehyung announces with a desperate whine in his tone. "So, don't go around telling me to knock or something before entering," His whining doesn't stop but he only grab a bottle of chilled beer from the fridge.

Jeongguk lets out a soft yet deep sigh and closes his eyes with his arms resting on the black marble kitchen bar. His back is facing Taehyung as he clenches his fist tightly. However, Nikki is sitting pretty casual now, though there is still a faint blush on her face and heart thumping against her chest. "Tae, pass me one beer too," She says without even making an eye contact properly.

Jeongguk snaps his head immediately at her direction, after hearing these words. Taehyung clears his throat and replies shortly. "Sure thing!"

Nikki diverts her gaze at the fumed and confused Jeongguk. "What?" She casually asks him while leaning in. Jeongguk turns slightly to face her and says, "Did the event that happened a few minutes ago vanished from your memory?"

She pouts, "No, but if you'll stay awkward, things will get more weird,"

He couldn't understand her. She is being so normal about Tae seeing her half-naked. It doesn't matter to Jeongguk if Tae is gay or in a relationship with Hoseok. He is a man, after all. "Wow," Jeongguk mumbles under his breath.

"Chill for a bit Jeongguk! Me and Nikki are close since school days," Taehyung tries to calm the muscle pig and places two bottles of chilled beer. Nikki nods, grabbing the bottle and taking a quick sip. "You should be thankful it was me and not Jimin," Taehyung snorts, making Nikki almost spit out the drink from her mouth.

Jeongguk suddenly flinches after hearing Jimin's name. The warnings and threatenings suddenly flashing in front of his eyes like a movie. It's true, if it was Jimin- he shakes his head vigorously and looks at Nikki who looks petrified. The same exact expression Jeongguk holds.

"Now, my kids chill for a bit. It's just me, hmm?" Taehyung says in a childish tone to make the scared couple slightly better. They are thankful, lord! even Tae, himself is thankful that it wasn't Jimin.

Jeongguk sighs, tilting his head and grabbing the beer bottle to take his first sip. "Also, I forgot to mention," Tae snickers at Nikki with a smirk, "You really got some good, you know, boobs," Nikki smacks his forearm and rolls her eyes but Jeongguk puts down the bottle with a loud thud, making the other two flinch. He isn't having any sick jokes, his best friend is making.

Jeongguk glares at him and Taehyung only laughs, pretending as if he ain't receiving any of his death glares.

The atmosphere starts to thicken so Nikki decides to poke Jeongguk's arm and divert his attention from Tae. "Hey, look at me," She whispers, pulling him closer by the arm. Jeongguk instantly does as told, his eyes are now focused on her face. "Woho! That was quick!" Nikki chuckles, sliding her arm around his tiny waist. She won't really admit to him, but she loves his waist. Not just waist, she is in awe every time she sees Jeongguk and asks herself, how is he even built like that?

Her cheeks starts to warm when Jeongguk only stares at her without saying a word. How badly she wants to know whatever is going on in his head. "I really need to talk to you," Nikki voices out, licking her bottom lip.

Jeongguk nods his head and looks away. She feels slightly offended because of his sudden change in behaviour. Earlier, he was all over her but now he is not even giving her a single touch. With a sour heart, Nikki pulls her arm away and fixes her position on the kitchen stool. Jeongguk sees her from the corner of his eyes, when she does so. His heart aches for the warmth and touch but the voice that has been haunting him for days begins to ring in his head again.