I was a little worried now because though this was simple, it was my favorite. My mom made the best hamburgers. No restaurant came close to comparing to her. Why would she make my favorite unless she had bad news? Maybe I'm looking too deep into it. After all, it was Aniya's favorite too.

"Daniella, come to my room when you're finished, we need to talk." My mom said leaving the kitchen with a plate of food and a drink.

"Uh oh. Dani bout to get that ass whooped." Jayla joked and I just glared at her as Aniya laughed. That wasn't even funny.

"Nah, Jayla bout to get that ass whooped. Stop playing with me." I said making a plate for myself and heading back up to my room. I'll just tell my mom I forgot.

After I was done eating I threw my paper plate in my trash can and laid back down.

A good thirty minutes later, my mom came into my room.

"What did I tell you to do once you were done eating?" She asked.

I was already laying down so I just pretended to be asleep. Maybe she'd buy it.

"Daniella, you're not fooling anyone."  My mom chuckled.

I still pretended to be asleep, hoping she'd go away, but of course she didn't.

"Fake all you want. I just wanted to give you the news first because this is going to affect you more than it will the other girls." My mom said making my heart rate speed up. No no no! Please don't be dating my girlfriend's dad!

"I'm pregnant, Daniella."

Right when my mom said those words I jumped up out of my "sleep".

"YOU'RE WHAT?!"

Nadia

"So where do I even start?" My dad asked more to himself.

"I guess you can start at what I walked in on. We never got to talk about any of it." I tried to help.

I really don't want them to be together, but at the same time, I want my dad to be happy. He's not super old and he's a handsome man. I figured he'd have found someone else by now and he hasn't. At least I've never seen him with anyone else. Yet, he meets Ms. Fuller and they clearly have some sort of connection. It may not be anything serious, but she was the first woman he seemed to show even the slightest interest in since my mom.

"She and I were just talking. We talked about our lives and how we lost the love of our lives. We talked about how we dealt with it. We just talked and then what you walked in on happened in the heat of the moment. That's the best way I can put it. And I'll be honest, Charisma is a really really really-"

"Dad." I cut my dad off because he was clearly getting distracted. Ew.

"She's a really attractive woman is what I was going to say. She's also very independent and strong. She's smart. She's one hell of a woman, but there isn't anything going on between us."

Right when my dad said that, I felt a huge weight lift off of my shoulders.

"But what about those trips you were taking? I know your job doesn't require you to travel." I said and my dad coughed awkwardly.

"Okay, about those trips. I did go to New York a few times, but the first time was just because we needed to get something out of our system and the other time was because we didn't get it all they way out the first time." My dad said making me want to gag.

Sex, Love, and Basketball *Books 1 and 2* (Slowly Editing)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें