Titans

*AU where Koriand'r regains some part of her memory and accuses Richard of abandoning her when she needed him most. (Set After events of Red Hood and the Outlaws)
...

Richard POV 

I paced back and forth in the halls of the Justice League as I was ordered by Batman to wait outside until he was done talking to Kory. Other heroes such as Flash and Manhunter would pass me by, Flash not skipping a second to comment on my dire situation. "How you doing?" he asked quickly, zooming up to me and placing his hand on my shoulder. 

I shook my hands, "nervous," I replied. Five years ago, Kory lost her memory, and I wasn't there. She stayed dormant for a while until news about Roy Harper's escape from the death penalty surfaced. The league was scattering to find the Outlaws, and of course, Jason was the mastermind behind the entire trio. 

The top leaguers didn't think it was wise to have two convicts in charge of a human firework, so they tracked the team down and hauled all three of them to the watchtower. Manhunter did his best on trying to retrieve Kory's lost memories, but he could only get fragments of what was lost, now it was Kory's job to piece them together, which was why a few other former Titans and I were called back. 

"Dick!" Donna walked towards me with a worried expression,  "I heard the news!" she said, "where is she?" she asked as she looked over my shoulder to the locked door.

Following behind the black-clad heroine was Raven and Gar. Raven and Donna were promoted to leaguers; Gar returned to the Doom Patrol, and I rejoined the Batfamily in Gotham. I wasn't going to say things were all good, and I had an on and off relationship with Babs, which didn't go anywhere and of course, I had my flings in between. Not to mention, I felt like Batman's personal babysitter with Damien in the picture now.

"What does she remember?" Rachel asked as she turned to Manhunter, who had been silent next to Flash during our unplanned reunion.

"Not much," he said in his ordinarily stoic voice. "Her mind is strange," he added on, "it's like flashes and images, there is only pain; it seems like she has forgotten everything that made her happy."

Yikes, I thought bitterly to myself as I looked down to my feet. Before Kory crashlanded on Earth, she was a slave to the Gordanians, a sentence gifted to her by her people, she endured so much pain. Plus she was on the island until Jason washed up to shore, she was probably so lost and scared.

Suddenly the door opened, and all of us turned to see Roy and Jason exiting the room. The two of them had dry blood all over their suits, and Jason held his hoof by his hip while Roy was stripped of his arsenal.

Jason looked at me, amusingly, "Hey, it's Nightwing," he smirked, then looked behind me to see an equally pissed off Raven and Donna, "now I know what you're going to say," he said as he put his hands up defensively, "why didn't I bring her up sooner," he chuckled, "well actually--" I glared at him, hard, and he noticed.

He reveled in my annoyance and shut up, and in the nick of time, Batman entered the hallways. "You can come in," he said, before turning on his heel and reentering the room.

The two girls wasted no time in rushing past me and entering the room. Even Gar started to fast walk past me and into the meeting room to meet our friend.

When I turned into the room, there she was. She looked like she was of the defensive, and watched carefully at the people who started to crowd up the room.

I gave her a halfhearted smile, but only received a deadly glare in return, she pulled her attention away from me and looked to the others. It gave me a chance to look at her without being caught and called a perve.