Welcome Home Soldier Boy (III)

-Kory-

I blinked my eyes open, as the sun snuck through the curtains and into my face, "mmmm" I groaned as I felt hands combing through my hair, it felt good, but right now, all I wanted to do was go to sleep.

I turned on my side to see Richard, propped up on his arm as he looked down at me, "you sleep a very long time," he chuckled, as he dipped down to kiss my forehead.

It had been a few days after that night we went to the club, and the days have passed and Richard had been in and out of the house. Whether he was hanging out with Babs or the guys he only came home to find me sleeping to an empty space. "I was really tired," I told him and rolled my body to face his, "guess what," he said, I looked up at him questionably, "it's Christmas," he was right, and like Christmas morning the sky was decorated in beautiful white snowflakes.

"Your right," I said, and the I pushed him down to the bed, and straddled myself onto his hips, holding him down with my palm, "I guess we should continue our little Christmas tradition~" I said as I started undoing the bows of my nightgown.

He sighed banged his head against the pillow, "actually..." I felt like I had been hearing nothing but contradictions from him since he came back, "I have to meet Babs," my mood broke and I rolled off him. I sat on the bed and looked away from him, pulling on my robe over my arms, "I'm sorry babe, we just made plans on that Tuesday I was with her and--"

"Yeah, no I don't need some excuse," I said, "you know what, I'll just go to Rachels, and I'll meet you there once your done with...with whatever you have to do," I told him and trudged to the bathroom, slamming the door shut, I could hear him knocking on the door, asking me to open up, but this time it was locked.

I ignored him for the whole fifteen minuets, and when I got out, he was long gone, leaving a letter in the kitchen, apologizing for this morning, but I trashed it. I got ready to go to Rachels, taking all my presents and driving angrily through the roads, I was lucky that most of the roads were empty.

When I got there, I brought my gifts and put them under her tree, everyone was gathered around the marble island in the kitchen, and they handed me a hot coco with withering marshmallows, "Where's Dick?" Wally asked, pouring more marshmallows into his nearly empty cup.

I shrugged, "good question," I said bitterly as we made our way to the door, opening up to reveal Vic and Karen. Though Vic came in dressed in a Santa Clause suit, while holding a bag of presents over his back.

"Ho ho ho," he chanted.

"Best not to say bad words on Christmas day," Roy joked, initiating a glare from the chirpy Santa.

We gathered around the tree, and Vic got the camera rolling, "okay so first we're going to start off with out lovely host, Rachel," he announced and we all put out our gifts for Rachel to open.

I was last to open my gifts, and by then wrapping paper and boxes covered the floor. I was down to my last few presents, I got new clothes from Donna, but that was to be expected, from Wally I got a new cook book, but this was probably so whenever he came over I could cook what ever he liked, and from Vic and Karen I got more exercising clothes. "You guys know me so well," I chuckled as I brought Karen into a hug.

"We all see you out their benching 180," Vic laughed.

As I was getting to Roy and Jade's presents for me the doorbell rang, and Gar stood up to answer, revealing Richard, my eye lit up, but my face grew into a frown as yet another redhead entered the room.

"Merry Christmas," Gar said awkwardly, moving out of the way so they could make their way to the couch.

I glared at Dick, and he noticed, which means he would want to talk about it later, "where were you Dick?" Donna asked, as she took could tell by my faltering posture that something was wrong.