𝟑𝟕 ❀˚. Aphrodite wants to Understand! ₊˚.༄

Beginne am Anfang

"Kyoya," As he and his best friend paced down the busy halls of Ouran High School, Tamaki called out as he wiped away the tears at the corner of his eyes. "I think Miki is acting a little strange," He proposed.

Walking at his side in a much more dignified manner, Kyoya cast the blond a side glance. "What makes you think so?" He asked.

"She has been waking up excessively early on her own every morning, this weekend, she skipped our usual 'weekly drama day,' she wouldn't visit my room to hang out during her free time, and whenever we eat she's always speaking with Suzuno..." Tamaki listed off before perking up. "Could it be that... she is actively avoiding me?!" He gasped as the realization hit him like a truck.

"Who knows?" Mentally questioning his best friend's stupidity, Kyoya hummed as he averted his eyes. "Perhaps it's because of how you faked your diarrhea to avoid the school trip." He implied.

Rubbing his eyes, Tamaki sniffled. "B-But, I just didn't want her to worry..." He reasoned. "And I apologized afterward. I even made sure to prepare some of her favourite tiramisu and commoner's coffee when she got home!" He said.

"As I've said, I believe it's okay to worry in a situation like this. She was rather upset about that fact, was she not?" Kyoya replied, sensing Tamaki's depressed mood. "Just give her some time." He advised.

After Tamaki and Kyoya had left for the clubroom, the usual upbeat brunette took a seat in the blond's place as her best friend sat next to her

After Tamaki and Kyoya had left for the clubroom, the usual upbeat brunette took a seat in the blond's place as her best friend sat next to her. Miki tilted her head, puzzled by the visible frown that seemed to have etched into her friend's face since their return to Japan. "What's the matter, Sora-chan?" She inquired. "You seem upset." Watching as Sora's brows furrowed, tears forming at the corner of her eyes.

Sumire drew a small sigh, still holding onto her best friend as she gently rubbed her best friend's back. "Let's just not talk about this, alright Sora-san?" She suggested.

Rubbing the back of her hand across her eyes, Sora wiped away the tears that circled as she nodded. "No, I want to ask her," She admitted hoarsely, biting her lips as her shoulders and head sunk. "I really do, but..." Her voice trailed off as the moisture rushed back to her eyes. Swiftly, she buried her face in her palms and began to weep silently. "I-I..." She whispered. "I got rejected by Kotaro-kun." She revealed.

"Eh?"

"I told him about how I felt, I confessed to him on the trail... and..." Her eyes began to water up further as she buried her face into her hands. "And he told me that he didn't see me the same way." She sobbed, hands clenching on her skirt.

"Sora-san..." Sumire's lips curled into a frown as she side hugged her best friend.

Miki blinked a little. "Oh, I'm so sorry." She paused for a moment, receiving nothing in response. "And?" She urged for the brunette to continue.

Sora's eyes snapped up, cheeks still stained with dried tears. "Well... We've been childhood friends for so long." Her voice cracked. "Miki-chan... What do I do?"