Vikklan- Reunited

Start from the beginning

Looking around as my eyes adjusted to the dark I saw someone was asleep on a couch in the same room, curled up under a thick blanket, fast asleep. As my eyes focused more I saw that I recognised the person, it was Lachlan, and I started to panic.

This must be his house, I realised, so why was I in his house? What the hell had happened?

My breathing started to grow heavier and faster and Lachlan stirred, opening his eyes and looking around. I saw the panic in his face when he realised that I was awake and that I was scared, but he held out his hands and came closer to me, sitting down on the bed.

"Easy Vikk, easy, it's okay." He whispered, placing his hand on the bandage on my head to make sure that I was okay. "You're safe here."

I looked around, basically gesturing to everything and asking why I was there. He got the message.

"I had to get you out, I wasn't about to leave you there." He paused. "Look... I want something to change. I can't stand there and do nothing anymore, I don't want to watch my friends bullying you, I don't want to bully you."

I frowned at his proposition but I saw the sadness in his eyes, I saw the truth. He did want to change and he did want things to change, so, reluctantly, I nodded.

"Friends?" He asked, holding out his hand to me. I nodded.

It was the start of something new.

-----------------------------------------------

At 20 years old I moved away from Australia and back to London, leaving everything I had known for 3 years behind. I finished high school in Australia and I made one of my closest friends in Australia, Lachlan. I had to leave him behind too.

Lachlan and I both thought we would be going to Uni together in Australia, we had even planned everything out, but one day my father announced that we would be moving back. I had to go with them, I couldn't stay in Australia with no family, no support network, no one to fall back on. So I left.

My later years in Australia were amazing, even though I was still bullied a bit in highschool Lachlan tried to protect me and stood by my side for the whole ride. He learned my sign so he could understand when I tried to communicate and helped me with everything, my work, my bullies and my home life.

We quickly became close friends after he rescued me and I had never had anyone closer, even my siblings. He knew everything about me and I knew everything about him, no matter what it was and no matter how long we had kept that information a secret. He knew everything.

I hated to leave him but I didn't have any choice.

On my 25th birthday I decided to go back to Australia to see what had changed after 5 years, to just go back and take a look. I had a stable job creating art for video games, it paid well and I was able to afford the ticket without much trouble, hell, I had even learned to speak because of that job, going to speech therapy until my voice passed as "normal", even though I still struggled. I smiled to myself, Lachlan always said my passion for art would take me places.

When I arrived, much was the same. The school I had gone to for several years was again the same, a few classroom changes and when I checked their website I could count all my teachers from the time I had been there, meaning none of them had left.

I wandered down to the pier, near to Lachlan's old house and just sat on the edge of the water and thought. I reflected on everything that had happened since I was last in Australia and how much had changed in that time too.

"Vikk?" A questioning voice asked and I turned, recognising the voice.

"Lachlan?" I asked, standing up to see the tall blonde standing behind me with a stunned look on his face. Not only was I talking, but I recognized him. "Is... is it really you?"

He nodded and took a step towards me, blinking fiercely. I launched at him and wrapped him in a huge hug, feeling him stumble as I leaned into him and after a second he wrapped his arms back around me, resting his head in my shoulder.

"Oh my God... I've missed you so much." I heard Lachlan whisper, his hands clinging to me tightly and when we finally pulled away I saw that there were tears in eyes and I was on the verge of bursting into tears too.

"Holy shit, is it really you?" I whispered, barely daring to believe it, that he was standing in front of me after so many years. He nodded, his lip trembling.

"How?" He asked, grabbing at my hand. "How- just how?"

"I decided to come back and visit but I- I didn't think I'd see you again. I thought you would have moved on." He shook his head and turned, eyeing the house that I knew he had lived in when I had lived in Australia.

"No, not much has changed. I still live there cause my dad... he moved on and I don't even know where mum is." He sighed and I hugged him again, sad on his part. He had always had trouble with his family and his parents had divorced when he was 15. Even when I was there he didn't see his mum for months.

I didn't have anything to say. I couldn't really say anything, there was nothing I could say.

"Vikk..." He paused, looking away. "I know that... I know that I didn't say this to you when you left but I might never have another chance to do this so..."

With no more words he placed his hand on my cheek and leaned in, kissing my lips gently. I kissed back, feeling the passion held behind him, the longing and the happiness too. He pulled back first and I noticed that he was bright red.

"Did you really hold onto your feelings that long?" He nodded, brushing his hair back out of his eyes. He was looking down shyly, not wanting to look me in the eyes because he was afraid, but when I placed one finger under his chin and got him to look up, he gave me a shaky smile. "I guess I could say that I did the same thing."

I saw him light up. I had been holding onto the crush on him that I had had since we became friends for years and years now and although I had thought I would never be able to see my wish come true, I was very wrong.

"...R-really?" He asked hopefully, almost childishly, and I answered his question by leaning in and kissing him again.

"Of course." I smiled. "I'm just so happy to be reunited again."