Chapter 32

We just landed, I held marks hand as we walked through the airport with our stuff, the entire plane ride mark didn't let me sleep, he just kept talking about how much fun we would have, we got out of the security and put our masks on and we walked hand and hand to the car, as we drove off and we took our masks off the driver asked us where we are going, and of course mark informed him.

"Mark, are your parents like appas" I asked as he smiled. "No, and hey while we are here, you can learn more English, from people who actually speak English on the regular" he smiled as I rolled my eyes. "The regular? Please you might not be that old, but you're way to old to be trying to speak like that" I laughed as he laughed along.

"Hey if you'd like my mom could teach you how to speak English and you won't have an accent by the time we leave you'll know it" he smiled as I nodded. "That'd be cool" I smiled. "Did she teach you English" I asked "no, she taught me Korean" he smiled as I nodded. "But my father doesn't know a lot of it, so once we get to the house and he greats you, try in English and try not to seem like you're making fun of him...he's sensitive" he smiled as I nodded. "Okay" I smiled as we slowed down at a stop sign.

"Here I'll teach you the questions he's gonna ask you" he smiled as I nodded. As he began. I focused really hard on his lips as I coppied him and than the car came to a halt really fast almost making me go through the windshield as I held onto the seatbelt keeping me back. Mark started asking the man something when the man turned around and I think apologized cause marks face softened some, we looked at the front of the car and saw a kid running to the opposite side of the road. "What happened" I asked looking around as mark smiled. "The kid dropped his toy in the road and went to get it" he said. "Well where is his toy, doesn't seem like he has it" I asked as he asked the driver something as the driver replied, "he said it's still in front of the car. "I'll get it" I smiled as I opened the door. "Haley your mask" he yelled after me. "I'll be fine" I smiled. As I went to the front of the car. I picked up the toy firetruck as I smiled talking it to him as he thanked me I think as he hugged me, well my legs, a women came running out of a house ripping the kid from me. She started yelling something. "I'm sorry I'm not good with English" I responded feeling my accent slipping out along with it making me feel stupid, Mark came out holding me and he said something to the lady, "it's okay Haley, let's go" mark said we heard a voice as we turned back around and saw a girl probably a little younger than me come running out of the same house.

"Are we gonna get yelled at again" I asked mark as he shrugged. "Hello my names Mina, I'm so sorry for my mom, it's just my baby brother has been snatched so many times she is just worried about him, he sneaks out of the house all the time" the girl spoke in perfect Korean. "Wait do you know who he is" I asked confused. "No, but I know who you are Haley" she smiled as I smiled. "Awe thanks" I smiled. We hugged as she talked to her mom and she taught her mom how to say sorry in Korean and she said it, along with 'I'm a pabo' but we weren't going to tell her exactly what she said. We said out byes and got back into the car.

"Well that was interesting" I smiled as he agreed. "Maybe we shouldn't mess with anymore kids, they might have crazy parents" mark smiled as I nodded. He told the driver something as we began to drive off again.

We got to a house with a women and a man standing outside. "Ohhh you're here we were so worried you guys got lost" a women said in Korean hugging mark, guessing it was his mother, I sat in the car as I was scared to get out, I wasn't scared more worried cause I don't want marks parents thinking like jaebums. "Oh shoot I've got to pay" mark said getting back in and opening his wallet. mark asked something looking over at the man. He covered the thing to tell us our total and replied handing mark a book. Mark asked him something laughing at the end as he shook his head.

The man said something else as mark handed me a book and pen that the man handed him "he says his daughter is a big fan of us and he wants your autograph too" mark shook his head. "So he had this sitting in his car" I asked as mark smiled agreeing. "Seems like he's the fan." I laughed putting my name on the paper putting hearts around my name handing it to mark as mark slipped a hundred in and handed it to him mark said something as he got out of the car, getting our stuff.

He motioned me out as I slowly moved towards the open door, I shut the door and was immediately hugged by his mom. "Mom this is Haley Haley this is my mother" mark smiled as she smiled down at me. "Honey are you okay" she asked touching my face. "Yes I am, just nervous" I smiled as she laughed. "Don't be, you'll love it here sweetie" she smiled pinching my cheeks.

We got to the house where his dad was waiting, Mark put our stuff down and gave him a big hug. I thought it was sweet but weird that they are hugging for so long.

"Haley this is my dad, dad this is Haley" mark smiled. "Appa..." marks dad started but I didn't understand the rest. Mark shook his head yes. "Uh Haley, he said hello" his mom smiled. As I tried to say hello in American.

"Sorry I'm not good with English" I said again, my accent slipping out, yugyeom taught me that, he said he used it a lot when he was in America and got in trouble a lot.

He smiled as he looked at his wife asking her something as she said something else. "Hello Haley" he smiled in Korean as I smiled. "Hello" I responded.

"We are happy that you are a cucumber" he smiled as I was confused. His wife hit him and shook his head as she said 'here' clearly. "Ohhh we are happy that you are here" he smiled. He asked what he said as mark laughed and his mom said something else as he slapped his head.

Marks mom motioned us to come in as we walked in the house, I went to take my shoes off but mark stopped me. "You don't have to do that" he said as I nodded grabbing my stuff.