CH. 3

E L L I O T 'S   POV

I woke up first, with little Charlotte in my arms and Lilly next to me, on the passenger seat. I blinked thrice, to clear the fogginess in my eyes before I held my wrist to my face.

Looking at the Rolex watch I had on.
"Eight thirty" I muttered to myself. Then realisation struck me.
"Eight thirty" I said louder this time

"Lilly wake up, come on wake up we're late. Charlotte sweety come on up you get, it's your first day at school in Rumford"

Lilly groaned and stretched, Charlotte yawned and rubbed her eyes.
"Come on Charlotte wake up"

"Guess what Elli" Charlotte's innocent little voice said as I placed her in the back seat

"What Char?" I said half paying attention to her as I turned around and pulled a blue duffle bag onto my lap, opening it I pulled off my shirt and chucked on a fresh white top.

I pulled out a shirt for Charlotte and turned to her and showed her it, she shook her head at it "I want the sparkly mermaid one" quickly I stuffed the shirt I had in my hand back into the bag and pulled out the one she wanted.

"I dreamed that I was in a field of daisies and a unicorn was running around me, and I became friends with it and then we went to a lake and I saw a mermaid and then I went swimming with the mermaids"

I smiled at her and put the sparkly mermaid shirt over the singlet she wore to sleep "was I there?"

She pouted "I asked the unicorn but she just ran away from me"

"That's okay maybe next time I can join" I said as I pulled out a purple tutu, she nodded and I slipped it over the tights she was wearing.

I looked at Lilly who actually knew we weren't living a daydream "do you want to change?"

She shook her head "I'll just stay in these" nodding I took out all of our tooth brushes and pulled out a bar of toothpaste, I handed Charlotte her tooth brush when I put some paste on it, and did the same with Lilly.

Hopping out of the car with a drink bottle and Charlotte, I put her down and wet both of our brush's, Charlotte spat onto the ground when she was done just like I taught her to do then opened her mouth at me, I squirted some water into her mouth and watched as she washed it around in her mouth before spitting onto the ground.

If my aunty and uncle saw us right now, they would be absolutely horrified. I finished up, and passed the bottle to Lilly.

"Elli can you do my hair" Charlotte asked as she struggled to tie it up, quickly I tied it up in a pony tail and slipped her ballerina shoes on, I put Charlotte back in the car before hurriedly getting back in the car I quickly put on my shoes and took off my watch, by the time I finished Lilly had already gotten back into the car. Starting up the rugged car I sped off to Charlotte's school.

Quickly I grabbed her out of the car and carried her to the front office of the school

"Hello sir" an old lady greeted, I put on my best smile and spoke

"Hi, I'm Elliot Marigold and this is Charlotte Marigold. I know we're a bit late but it's her first day here and..."

"Say no more Mr. Marigold" I had to hold back a cringe when I heard our fake last names