20 » Hurt & Caught

Start from the beginning

His hands go up in defense, shaking his head with this simper on his face. "Woah, honey, I think you're getting the wrong impression here. I'm just telling her what she should wear for our business meeting."

"Hmm really, you think I'm playing with you Ji-young, get that smile off your face?!" You place the phone against your ear and hastily answered. "Hello, who is this?" Immediately whoever was on the other line had hung up the phone by the sound of the end call click. You turn to your husband with aggrieved written over your face like a cipher before the fool acted as if nothing happened and kissed you.

The kiss came out of nowhere. One minute he was in front of you, his hand clasping the back of your hair, pressing in softly, the next he broke away and smiled, your phone was projected onto your bed and he was walking out of your room, waving you with a goodbye. "I'll see you later honey."

"You had my phone?"

"See you later honey."

His leaving words rock your mind, leaving it, moving in foreign ways, ways you have become unaccustomed to these many years.

Give it a minute or so and you hear the front door open and close back, alone in the house again.

Lonely and upset.

Now all you can think about is, is your husband cheating on you?

You were in conflict because if it was the truth, you both were cheating and the relationship was toxic.

If it was true, why were you hurt when you were turning around doing the exact same thing.

The trap springs shut - caught between opposing needs.

The need to love and the need to nurture seem to go hand in hand, but what when you relish in too many people, what then? What when one side dislikes the other and your love becomes a stamp of disloyalty or worse?

What then?

Suddenly the morning had broken like the sweet melody of a blackbird, full of promise, freshness, and newness to come. Now it sat like a cold cup of coffee waiting to be drained away.

Like the cold coffee, being drained away, everything that has lead up to this moment in life is draining on you and there's this headache brewing inside your mind, boiling over.

You shake your head, disregarding everything you have thought of. He's not cheating, you're overreacting, he wouldn't do that, you've been together for seven years.

Right, but you are.

Your mind argued with you and you grew more frustrated.

Annoyed, you pick up your phone from the bed and click around to see a text message from Taehyung.

Taehyung: "I remember you saying you had an interest in photography, right?"

You: "Yeah, so?"

Taehyung: "I want us to go out tomorrow and take pictures, I want you to take a picture of me like how you do your french girls."

You: "Seriously, really Taehyung?"

Taehyung: "You know you loved it."

Taehyung: "Anyway, you up?

You: "Ig, I have work tomorrow so we can do it afterward."

Taehyung: "Okay, so it's a date!"

You: "Whatever you call it, see you tomorrow."

Taehyung: "Bye, bye princess~"

And when you read princess, all the distress unloaded and you smiled anew.

Author Notes: Hi, sorry! I was late as hell, I had things to do today so today is one of those short chapters, next chapter will be packed and juicy like a pear!

BTW I have exams this week so updating may be a little rocky, I'll try my best. Hope you enjoyed, bye~

Love Yourself, Love Your Bookshelf~! I don't know what that was, I tried.

Also oh my god sometimes it is hard writing this book because I mean look at this cutie- OOF! Baby boy culture that spontaneously turns into Daddy Tae. I do not understand this man here. I really don't. Anyway BYE~

 Anyway BYE~