10 » Troubled Girl

》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《

"Tricks are only made to be tricked by the childish."

As you stared at the blank white wall in front of you and tried to review your situation, you felt the tension and anxiety build up in you as you stared blankly, your mind full of emptiness.

You pull out your phone once more and started to call your husband who failed to show up. He didn't answer again and you groaned. Your eyes lingered around, you looked at your ring and held in the tears that wanted to free fall.

Don't cry, don't cry, don't you fucking cry over this.

Before the panic could eat you alive, you managed to catch up on subtle breathing exercises to help you relax. Just as you regained your steady heartbeat by breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth, you could hear the familiar continual tap of a heel against the floor and your pulse rate shot up once again, upon realizing what was nearing.

While you desperately tried to regain your normal state, you saw the woman peering at you and tapping her clipboard simultaneously. "Dr. Kim is ready for you." You stood up almost too quick, sending a sharp searing pain along your ankle as you painfully jerked your knee on the glass table in front of you while getting up.

She guides you to his door and you see him on the phone. She opens the entrance and leads you in, bowing and waving Mr. Kim goodbye.

Then you sit there.

And you listen to his conversation.

His eyes are focused on the desk before he glances up at you, staring into your core. "Yes, I'm happy you understand Mr. Park, I'll see you guys next Thursday. Alright, thank you, okay bye-bye." He ended the call and sat up straight in the chair, crossing his fingers.

"...He's not coming is he?" You cross your arms, your brows knitted inward.

"No." He sat there in his chair, deadpanned, his infamous glasses making a clear shine.

You shook your head, rolling your eyes. "What do you want from me?"

"I want you to understand what situation you're in."

You place your hands on your hips, walking closer to his desk. "I think I know what situation I'm in. I was trying to get help from a "professional" therapist but he ended up making shit more complicated." You tilted your head, eyeing him with harsh threats.

"How, how did I make it more complicated?" He gave a sly smirk.

Like he was truly curious.

"Well... you're attractive."

He tilted his head, pushing his bangs out his face. "I'm sorry, I didn't know that was my fault?"

"You know what I mean, you keep testing my loyalty, you've confused me!" You slam your hand down on the table, pointing your fingers in his face.

"You wanna know something?" He sat there, not a tense soul in his body.

"What Taehyung, what?"

"I can tell you don't love your husband." He leaned back in his chair, sinister written all over his face.

"What!?"

"You don't love your husband." He repeated again, slower this time for your deaf ears to hear. "I mean answer me this, how can you stay in love with someone who's barely home? Your love for him must be static, it's stuck for seven years. There's no growth!" His voice heightens, his scorched eyes unmistakably showed his annoyance.