8 » Work & Play

》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《

"For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness."

"Excuse me sir but I do believe you have the wrong number."

...

"This is the doctor's office, not the nurse. Sir if you could just look at the number again and call that correct number."

...

"Excuse me, you're not going to call me a bitch- this is NOT a nursing home, we do not provide caregivers. This is a doctors office."

...

"Sir have a good day." You hang up the phone and sigh in irritation. When the flash of annoyance comes so does a bad idea. A bad idea such as walking out the door. Isn't it always this way?

At that moment you funnel all your strength into your face and use it to sit right in that seat with a smile on your face and hands relaxed. In the long run, it's better this way.

In little time your boss comes around the corner with the most preppy grin on his face. He ends right at your desk and hands you a stack of papers. "Morning Mrs. Park~"

"Morning." You sigh at the stack and rub your temples. "This is this week's schedules?" You ask.

He nods and pats the stack. "Yep, all of it."

"Okay." You nod and take it, sitting it right beside your computer. He looks directly into your eyes, pushing his black smooth hair out of his face. "Mrs. Park you look so tense if you keep making that face you'll look like a granny."

"...I'm only twenty-four, Mr. Kim." You shrug your shoulder off and start signing off the stack, one paper at a time.

"So harsh today aren't we Mrs. Park~?" He leaned against the desk, echoing the room with his famous laugh. Around the office, we called it the Window Wiper of Death™.

It was because it sounded like windows being cleaned and the other was because once he started to laugh, he didn't stop. And when he DID stop, you could still hear it for eternity. Everyone in the office was pretty sure then that you could probably hear it to death too and so that's how it got its name.

"Mr. Kim, how do you stay so "happy" all the time? I just had a whole argument with an old guy, excuse me, elder, because they dialed the wrong number and then decide to call me a bitch when I told them to try again."

"Well, it's definitely not an easy trick." He leaned in. "What I do is tell myself everything's going to be all alright once I get home. I frequently tell jokes to myself, other stuff." He shooed the air.

"Just think, I'm going to make it. Just say, in thirty years- maybe plus you'll be out this hell hole. You'll be in retirement, free of all worries but how you're going to finish three steaks in one sitting."

"You're greedy."

"What can I say, that's my middle name!" He fixed his posture and waved. "Laters Mrs. Park, get that paperwork done this week."

"Right." You look down at the papers and start signing.

"Chan-ri!" You hear and instantly jump back when there's a slam to the front desk. Your eyes shot up to see your friend, co-worker, Seulgi right in front of you. "Hey, Seulgi."

"How are you?" She nudged closer into your face.

"I'm a ticking time bomb right now, shall I call quits?" You roll your eyes, slipping your hand under your chin. You both chuckle and you greet her with a grin. "Anyway, what you wanna talk about?"