23

We travelled with our masks off. Wearing the masks would identify us that we were squad one of King Julius' military for those who knew. It took us days to locate the exact location of Lord Samoth. River Yem was big and covered most of the northern forest.

  We reached a village named Flikur which was thirty miles away from the river banks. It took us a week to reach the village. We hitched rides from town to town and villages. The dragons were told to meet on the outskirts of village Flikur. We somehow avoided the suspicion from the auctroy stations with the paper works. Captain had to pull the strings at one place to let us pass by without much checking of goods. Captain bribed the officers with a few gold coins.

  We had sneaked ammunitions into the Empire using the goods. Had arrows wrapped and dug into grain bags and had rifles closed in air tight boxes and put in wine barrels. Even we had stuff sneaked in fish barrels.

  We took rest the whole day in one of the inns in the village Flikur. Captain had a whole plan worked out. We being the agent squad had all our information well hidden. We were just known as paid assassins but only a few of the inside people knew we worked for the King.

  Captain divided us into two groups. Tim and Jared were in one who would sneak around for important documents from the King or to the King. While he assigned the main job to himself and me. Lord Samoth's life was ours.

  We were going to move during the night after dinner time when people were about to doze off.

  Captain gave instructions and we set off.  I lounged crossbow on my back, packed my knieves and two loaded guns and a pouch of gun power. I hated guns because they took a long time to load. I had bullets and the stuffer stick. I had strapped arrows along my back so they would fall off. We left just in time to reach the place. The part of the river was filled with boats a few ships. It all seemed cluttered together. We took oxygen masks and dressed into swim suits. Tim threw his dragon into the water.

  "Gavana do your magic", Tim tossed the fish blow in a bush.

  "Let's get the party started", Captain ordered. Our dragons were ordered to be in the air. Before I jumped into the water I saw Roruhire hidden in the trees. My heart started thumping.

  What we were going to do was dangerous. I could already see men in armoury walking around the boats. Lord Samoth was heavily guarded.

  I finally jumped. It's not like I had a choice. After Lord Samoth is killed we would be rewarded handsomely. The main plan was to cut out the main and brains of King Victor's council of ministers. After all the smart people were dead or a majority of them king Victor would be weak. King Victor had survived all these only because of his loyal followers. He would give orders to them, whether is was killing a woman, an infant or orphaning a child, they would obey him blindly. And to actually see them agreeing with his sinful schemes. Ofcourse the citizens would see it but the worst part of it was that people appaulded him. Even if anyone where to stand up against him he would be executed immediately.

Victor's main aim was to expand the Empire. He is ruthless and crafty. Ofcourse the Empire is at its peek of success. The economy is good and Ermistham is considered as one of the most powerful empires around the world. The rich became more rich and the poor became poorer and the middle class stayed stuck in between; neither progressing nor regress.

  Even Kings would stay low key in so that he wouldn't wage war against them. He liked to play dirty all the time. He had claimed many territories like that. So Kings would give away their thrones to them to protect their bloodlines. Some made alliances with him and sore oath to stay by his side in battle. The rest whose pride was bigger were sent to their graves and their thrones were tainted in blood and had their bloodlines wiped out.