15

I could see the life draining from his eyes. The dagger struck right between his eyes. Blood started to drip and I could see his facial expression fall. His body went numb and he collapsed on the ground like a bag of sand.

Thud!

  The legendary Henry Samuel had fallen. It was hard for me to believe that I had killed him. I had heard so many stories that people thought he was dead but he came out alive laughing and taunting 'This would be hard to be brought down' , he used to say gesturing his body.

  His men started at the body lying down lifeless. I released a breath I had forgotten to release.

  "Kill them all!" I heard Mike. I turned to see him charge at me.

Get down!

  It rung in my head like the bells toll. I did. Then it came.

  People started to scream and brace the ground. The monsters screeched in the air and swirled. Then he came!

  He swooped low and shot a blazing fire at Mike. I covered my head as the ball shot him like a cannon and Mike was set on fire. It was more like a spit of fire like lava and Mike's charred body collapsed before he could hit me. All the soldiers got up.

  All hell broke loose again. I tried to catch my breath and sat up. The black beast was burning everyone alive.

Get up!

  Deja vu.

  It bit a Hunter and tore him apart infront of me.

Get up!

  I did obey him even this time. It took me under his wing.

Stay close!

  That was the time I realized I was shaken up. I peeked from the wings and saw black hoods running around. It was comical but the thing they did weren't. They were effortlessly slicing man after man. But this time I saw one extra person with them.

♧♧♧

  As they say a war is won when the leader falls. The same happened. Henry's death took a toll and in no time his men were brought down.

  I sat beside Heidi's corpse. Her eyes were still wide open. Her body was beginning to stiffen. I stared at her lifeless blue eyes than had lost its colour. Her skin was becoming paler each minute. A man came and covered her up. I had the last glimpse of her gun shot chest and the hole in her head. I had an urge to vomit and I did.

  They picked up her body and left me sulk by myself.

  "You have been called at Captain Makyle Jefferson's cabin", a voice came from behind. I looked at the man standing over me and my eyes watered. I blinked to see his face. I recognized him being one of the guys at the training with me. I nodded and got up. I hardly managed to walk.

  "Do you-" I cut him off by shaking my head. It was a kind gesture from him but I needed to be strong. I needed to grieve but I didn't have time. I asked him where the cabin was and he gave me directions. It was weird that I still didn't know where what was except my cabin and the barn and the diner.

  I walked to Captain's cabin and I could hear screams from the other side of the door.

  "I am not taking him back or giving him chance to take the tests again. He's a hopeless case Mills and advice you not to waste your time in that filth!" I heard the howl which sounded like Captain Makyle.

  "Ok first of all, I don't take advice from a piece of shit like you-" I heard another calm voice. I was taken aback by it. That must be Captain Mills from his creepy exterior I never could have imagined his voice being so deep and clear.