24

I kicked open the door. The man I saw in the monochrome picture posing with his beer belly bulging out and dressed in fancy clothes stood right in front of me. Him hiding in a trap door and designing it in a wine cellar was excellent idea atleast for me. But like a coward he was he had a hostage. He held a knief against a prostitute he hired while the other two had stood in the corner of the small room with terror stricken eyes. I saw one of them shaking furiously. All of them were naked or atleast half naked. This man was in middle of his business I guess. I felt disgusted.

  "Nice place", Captain chuckled. I had to admit the rich bastard had finely decorated his panic room. It didn't look like a panic room though. More like a client's room in a whore house. It had a bed with satin bedding.

  "I will cut her throat if you step even one step ahead and her blood will be on your hands", the great Lord Samoth said.

  "How will her blood be on my hands when you kill her. It's really absurd. You make me laugh my Lord", Captain chuckled.

  "Go on do it! I dare ya. I came for your blood and I don't care if I let others spill their's", Captain dared him as he took a step.

  Samoth held her closer and pressed the knife a little. She let out a small cry as the blade cut her white skin. I stood there looking at the scene and thought how ridiculous this all was. Seeing so many people die had its advantage I guess since I wouldn't cringe at the sight of a man pressing a knief against a woman's throat. The Captain took two more steps and Samoth slit her throat. She let out a scream and chocked as the blood splattered everywhere. Her body fell on the floor like a bag of dirt. The others screamed till their brains split open (Not literally).

  "Scram", the Captain ordered the whores. They ran out. Lord Samoth looked completely helpless seeing that he had nothing else to help him save his life.

  "I give this one to you. Make it quick", Captain patted my shoulder and walked to the door to guard it. I stared blankly at Samoth as I saw him fall on his knees. I felt as if things felt a little too easy. I walked to him and before I could get hold on him. He took out a knief and lounged on me. I easily held his hand and crushed it. He wailed in pain. I think i broke his hand cause it looked disfigured. My instincts were taking over I guess. Okay so things weren't easy.

  I took the knief as he tried to crawl away. I sighed and punched the knief on his leg so hard that his leg was pinned to the floor. He cried harder.

  "Boy. I prefer you do this silently.  The sirens are blaring", Captain spoke from outside. I strained my ears and heard a faint siren. I think since we so deep below we couldn't hear anything from outside.

  "You will all die if you do this", Samoth chuckled. He turned half way to face me. I shrugged. I removed another knief which was strapped at the side.

  "Wait! Wait! Do you know whom I serve? I serve the great King Victor III and I promise if you let me go he'll pay you in gold! You'll get anything you want and triple than what they promised to pay you!" he pleaded. I stopped and allowed him to ramble.

  I kneeled down and spoke in his ear, "You know what I want?".

  "What? Anything! " he pleaded.

  "I want back the village that your precious King Victor III let burn to ashs while he sent a bastard named Henry Samuel to attack an army training camp to claim it back the lands. Funny tactics now isn't it. To think the King would be that dumb. Oh and I want to fuck your king in his ass till his brains blow out", with that I stabbed the knief in his throat. I felt every muscle under the blade as I tore into his thick skin. I saw him chock and breath harder for air. I felt him shake under me to escape from the hold. I looked at him.

Good job!

  That's all I heard. I watched him stop shaking and finally got up and kicked his corpse. I dug out the knives and wiped the blood on his fancy clothes and walked out. I felt more numb than before. It was like now nothing mattered and I was deep into this mess and it was now hard to get out. I was a murderer and I felt nothing but I felt stronger. Was it a good thing? I don't know.

  "Boy", Captain called out. I came to his side and found ourselves surrounded by guards.

  "Drop your weapons!", one of them yelled. They were pointing rifles and crossbows and spears at us. I gulped. Am sorry so this is how am going to die.

  "Do you swim?" Captain asked. I raised my eyebrows. Then I heard a bagpipe blow a melody.

  "What is that?", I asked.

CRASH!

  The walls behind us including the panic room was destroyed into bites as we braced ourselves from the impact. I looked as the water started gushing in and drowning everything. I saw Captain was already disappeared from beside me. I jumped into the water holding my breathe.

  I swam out against the current which was difficult and found Captain swimming ahead with Gavana gliding around. He close and I held his spikes.

  He started to swim upwards and Captain joined. We resurfaced.

  "Jump!" Captain called out.

  "Wha-" before I could finish Captain jumped high and Roruhire swooped in and got him behind his back. Arrows started shooting us and I had to jump. An arrow scratched my right leg and I hissed in pain. I bearly jumped and I felt begin snatched away in the air. I looked up and was my black beast gliding above in the air. He held me with his claws by my shoulders gently.

Quick escape. Captain's orders.

  I rolled my eyes.  I heard growls coming from behind and I looked back. Riders were behind us. Lardyur dodged trees which came in between and I hit a few branches.

  "Ouch!"

Sorry my mistake.

  Lardyur had a dragonish grin on his face. I glared at him. There were two riders behind us. One of them which was yellow started to blow fire like a blowtorch at us. The other just growled like an idiot. I think it couldn't blow firen

  "If you could land me on the ground I could shoot them down", I yelled.

Number one no I can't do that and number two don't kid yourself.

  With that I was thrown in the air and I screamed like a pig being slaughtered. I Fell with a thud and slipped off. Lardyur as he tried to get me on top of him. He held my leg just in time with his claws and it dug into my skin.

  "Thank you for almost killing me", I was hanging upside down.

You are supposed to grab hold of me. Didn't they teach you anything in camp. Oh wait!  You skipped the fucking lessons that why!

  I scrawled in anger. They were shooting arrows at us. The blowtorch kept blowing. I held out my crossbow and loaded it. I almost hit a tree in the way. I aimed at tge rider and shot it. Unfortunately I missed.

You are shooting in air with the wind in the direction of your aim. Hit higher!

Don't tell me what to do.

These beast are babies who blows fire like that!

  I heard Lardyur grunt like a pig. I hit higher and shot the rider's arm. He cried.

Nice!

  "Look forward you idiot. I will rip your brains if I hit a tree", I yelled out.

You are taking too long to kill those bastards.

  "Oh yeah! Why don't you do it then!" I screamed.

My pleasure.

  He swirled around and now he glided backwards. I almost got sick because of the twirl.  I heard a rumble in his chest and he spat  fireballs so fast that I could even blink. It hit them right at their heads and they fell along with their riders. He twirled again and looked down at me and smiled. Me on the other hand just threw up in the air.